Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

chassis to door wiring problem... w pics

Old 09-29-2007, 08:51 AM
MeanGreen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chassis to door wiring problem... w pics

hopefully this is speaks for itself.

before, when i would open the door, the speaker would cut off, so i knew there was a wire that needed to be repaired.

the control for the power lock on the passenger side had gone out a while ago too.(still worked on this one surprisingly)

i got a new power window assembly because i trashed the otherone because it kept coming off the track and i tore it up. so i attempt to test the new unit before installing it and it wouldnt work. i fiddled with the wrapped wiring loom and hear some sparking noises and today i finally take a look inside and see its much worse than i expected.

honda wants about $80 for a replacement piece and i thought id be able to repair the original myself but it looks like i might be better off replacing the whole thing.

is there anywhere i could maybe find a better price? i checked ebay, nothing there that i could find. this wiring assembly goes pretty far into the car also, more than i had originally anticipated, but it shouldnt be a problem swithing it out if i can find it for a good price.

(the wires that are there are pretty brittle by the way, hence why i think i should just change it out. some that have not broken are on their way.)
Old 10-01-2007, 05:49 AM
dieneverknowing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only thing I could suggest is going to a junk yard and hoping it's in good condition or praying that you could find the part on eBay or something.

Personally I'd bite the bullet and just buy the new part. You have a problem already so why inherit any more problems ya know? But $80 is $80 so one alternative is to try and clean up the connector to see what condition you can get it in. Worst comes to worst you just buy a new connector anyways.