Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

97' Integra Stock Radio - Does it have an external input?

Old 09-07-2007, 10:00 AM
Tram

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97' Integra Stock Radio - Does it have an external input?

Anyone know if there is an external input on this thing?

I don't wanna pull it out and look. Just trying to figure out how to run an Ipod or some XM to it without buying a new head unit..
Old 09-07-2007, 10:08 AM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

The only external input was for the optional CD changer and I don't believe there's any product that can convert that input into a 1/8" minijack or RCA inputs.

Moved to Audio & Security...

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 09-07-2007, 07:30 PM
2001TEGGSR

Originally Posted by Tram
Anyone know if there is an external input on this thing?

I don't wanna pull it out and look. Just trying to figure out how to run an Ipod or some XM to it without buying a new head unit..
Your options are:

1) Use an external, wireless FM modulator. They are usually powered by the cigarette lighter plug, or batteries. Not the best option, as far as sound quality goes.

2) Use an inline FM modulator - which connects between the head unit and antenna plug. Better than option 1, but still does not have stellar sound quality.

3) Find some way to convert the CD changer input that TOD speaks of, to an RCA or Mini input. If it's 4 wires on the factory harness, soldering a few female RCA jacks would work just fine. I am not sure how an external CD changer attaches to the OEM cd player, so unfortunately I can't offer any better advice on how to accomplish this. If you can provide pics of the rear, that might help.

4) Upgrade to an aftermarket head unit with auxiliary inputs.

Keep in mind that the OEM head unit does not offer excellent sound quality in the first place, so option 1 or 2 might suffice.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:18 PM
b00gers

My friend uses option 2 ^^

For someone who is not an audiophile...it serves him just fine. It you crave high quality sound, an after market deck would open the best possibilities.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:39 AM
Tram

I am thinkin' about going this route:

http://www.myradiostore.com/auxadapt...a/hon-aux.html