Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

trying to put new speakers in 92 civic

Old 08-18-2007, 06:53 AM
benskorner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trying to put new speakers in 92 civic

so i have this 92 civic dx sedan. i got some 6.5 inch speakers for the car and i began trying to install them yesterday. and yes i know that the stock speakers are 5.25. after removing the speakers i tried removing the plastic piece that holds the original speakers in place on the door. however, 2 of the screws are up above the speaker hole in the door panel. i need to know how to take off the door panel so i can unscrew those screws. ive gotten as far as unscrewing the three screws that are out in the open (door handle, near the mirror, and in the door pull) and then pulling down in the lower left (closest to the door) and pulling up at the window. please help! ive seearched multiple forums.
Old 08-18-2007, 07:30 AM
b00gers

There are clips that hold the panel in. Carefully pry the panel out towards you. After the clips, the panel should only be held at the top. In which you push the panel up.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:38 AM
benskorner

Default clips

but the clips hold the pin things in a certain way so theres only like one way it can slide out?
Old 08-19-2007, 07:44 PM
Chefboiali
scrotal surge

The clips are gonna feel like they pop out. Pop them out from the bottom. A lot of the times, the clips fall off, so make sure you have them all when you put them back. Also, you're gonna have to use a little force when you lift up the door panel to get passed the mirror.