Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

92 Civic Si Hb Rear speakers side panels?

Old 10-12-2002, 10:47 AM
caylan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 Civic Si Hb Rear speakers side panels?

I want to put 6.5's in the rear side panels of the Civic Si HB. I know that Honda has a OEM grilled panel that serves as a combo speaker grill & rear side panel sold for $18.16 ea. side.

Question is:
Do I need a bracket behind these grilled panels to hold the speakers & do I need some sort of seal/speaker hole for each side?

Attached is a schema for the rear speaker bracket from Hondaparts.
Just not sure what alls I need. Any help would be appreciated. thanks!

What parts in this diagram do I need to install speakers in the rear side panels?
Old 10-14-2002, 01:34 PM
Outxider
X-Motoring

yeah u need a bracket for the speaker, and i have been lookin for this for a long time. i have a 93 si. damn after lookin at it, i can custom make one now. thanks for postin that pic up. i was bout to buy it here at my local honda but it was discontinued and it cost like 35 bukks a side.

late
Old 10-15-2002, 04:45 AM
caylan

Default So what ur saying is:

Originally posted by Outxider
yeah u need a bracket for the speaker, and i have been lookin for this for a long time. i have a 93 si. damn after lookin at it, i can custom make one now. thanks for postin that pic up. i was bout to buy it here at my local honda but it was discontinued and it cost like 35 bukks a side.

late
Get the:

L&R BRACKETS @ 2*$9.26
L&R SEAL, SPEAKER HOLE @ 2*$52.47
Plus whatever screws/bolts listed?

I actually looked into the side rear panels & luckily the car has both brackets already.

Too bad the previous owner didn't install the entire setup like I did on my 1st 92 Si But that was 10 years ago when I had it done. I didn't know I had spent that much to get them installed!

If you're gonna make the speaker holes...let me know if you're interested in making a couple extras & I'll purchase them from you for a fee. Thanks