Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

X10 Camera in a 99 Civic

Old 06-22-2007, 08:21 AM
loprofilefl
N/A noob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X10 Camera in a 99 Civic

i got two of these cameras for free they were leftovers from an integration job i just did.

they are wireless, and only need leads for power. they have a receiver that converts the signal to VGA

im hoping to use one for rearview mirror replacement (mounted on back dash).

i guess what i need is advice on a suitable display for my dash (accepts VGA), and powering advice. they are standard 110w, i dont know the voltage. ideally, i would like something that accepts multiple inputs, and would be easy to toggle back and forth from CD to Video (and then later, to Nav/GPS)

i do not use the 12v power under the dash, and im planning on using it to power an inverter (and the camera by proxy). i'd need a monitor that can share this power source with the camera (tiny camera can't be using very much)

i have heard good things about Lilliput, but im not partial. i just want something that will be rugged.

here is a transcript of the chat i had with X10.com's LiveHelp....

( Jay ) can this camera be utilized in an automotove application (i.e. rearview mirror replacement)?
( Markus ) Give me a minute to find your answer
( Jay ) thanks
( Markus ) Absolutely, we have numerous customers use our cameras in similar type of applications.
( Jay ) its the XCam2 Classic, i have the receiver box.
( Jay ) is there a partner company you use/recommend for powering, and is there anywhere i can find the white paper (for voltage requirements)
( Markus ) Unfortuantely, no. Everything is set up to go into standard 110V power. I don't actually have anywhere to refer you to in order to use the system on a different power system.
( Jay ) no problem, thanks for your time. im sure i can use power inverters (cam cant be using a lot of power, its so small)
( Jay ) take care, thanks again

do i need to build a car computer?

Last edited by loprofilefl; 06-22-2007 at 08:30 AM.