Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

tuning kac 7203 amp

Old 06-13-2007, 10:05 AM
88'CRX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tuning kac 7203 amp

I just hooked up a 7203 to 2 CVR 10s which i wired down to 2 ohms.. can anyone help me with adjusting my amp for the most bass... i have it switched to LPF and need to adjust the Bass boost, LP filter, and input sensitivity... anything would help thanks
Old 06-14-2007, 07:39 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

LP filter is more personal, i believe mine is at 85-90 hz. Gain(input sensitivity) should be a low as possible to achieve the best sound with the keast distortion. Mine is just above half. Bass Boost should be to a minimum IMO.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:01 PM
mr22na
Miss It.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the 7203 is a 2 channel amp...if you wired it down mono to 2 ohms that amp isnt going to last a long...its going to over heat in no time.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:49 PM
2001TEGGSR

Originally Posted by 88'CRX
I just hooked up a 7203 to 2 CVR 10s which i wired down to 2 ohms.. can anyone help me with adjusting my amp for the most bass... i have it switched to LPF and need to adjust the Bass boost, LP filter, and input sensitivity... anything would help thanks
When tunning your amplifier, you should always start by putting your headunit EQ on Flat, and disable any "Loud" functions or other bass enhancement features.

On the amp - Set the "Bass Boost" to 0 db and turn the input sensitivity all the way down. Then set the Low Pass Filter around 80 hz.

The goal is to match your input sensitivity to the output voltage of your headunit. Start with your head unit at its lowest volume and turn it up until you hear distortion and then back off a tad. Now with your head unit putting out its max clean voltage, turn the input sensitivity on your amp up until you get to the loudest your system will play without distortion, or the loudest you ever care to listen.

Next adjust your EQ on your headunit to get things sounding more appealing to your ear. Then you can tune the LPF slightly, if higher notes are desired. Best results are achieved at 80 hz and below.

When you have everything the way you like it, you can use the Bass Boost on the amp as a last resort to add a bit more thump. It is best to use sparingly because it doesn't give you the control of an EQ. Bass Boost usually amplifies around 50hz which can make some sounds thump to loud, and others to soft

Hope this helps, good luck!

Edit: Just looked that amp up, you might be better off wiring your subs in series and bridging your amp. Theres really no benefit to having your subs playing 2 separate channels.

Last edited by 2001TEGGSR; 06-19-2007 at 09:54 PM.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:01 PM
88'CRX

yea i got each sub wired to 2 ohms and hooked to seperate channels so it won't overheat... and it pushes 250 rms to each channel or i could get 500 split to the 2 subs if i bridged it so its pretty much the same
Old 06-26-2007, 12:33 PM
88'CRX

or would i be better off wiring each sub together and bridge it for a 4ohm load.... would it be better for the amp???