Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

radio cuts off when turning lights on

Old 05-22-2007, 07:56 PM
starky34
94 Accord Lx 5-speed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radio cuts off when turning lights on

exactly what the title says. The problem started today when I was driving home from work, I would flick the lights on and the radio would cut out but not turn all the way off. The backlight would stay on and then the radio would come right back on. This is the first time this ever happened, I took the car out for another drive later on in the evening and the problem didn't happen. Any suggestions of what it could be?

My only guess is that it is a short because if it was fuses nothing would have come back on, unless the illumination on the head unit is not working right.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:33 PM
cpvdh

doing the same thing that happens when you are in the car with the stereo on but the car not started, then you start the car and it resets itself, but not turn all the way off?
sounds like some wiring issue with the illumination/dim wires to the head unit
i would pull it out and trace those wires and see if that leads to anything

does the deck run off of a seperate wire straight to the battery or run through your accessory power?

it could also be your stereo taking a shit, but i doubt it
Old 05-24-2007, 07:20 PM
starky34
94 Accord Lx 5-speed

the only thing that is powered seperately is the memory so i'm figuring that it has to be in the illumination