Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Help Installing Component Speakers

Old 01-05-2007, 10:03 AM
WalknIsStilHnst

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Installing Component Speakers

This is a re-post because I just posted in the wrong section and it will probably be deleted.

I could use some help in trying to install some Kicker KS65.2 Components in my '96 Civic EX. The speakers won't be in until Wednesday but I'm trying to map out how I can manage to run new speaker wires through the door hosing.

I took the kick panel off the driver's side and I could feel the grommet but can't really get enough room to remove it. Is it a good idea to try to get it out in one (or possibly two) piece(s) or can I just tear it out?

On the passenger side, I can't see or feel the grommet at all. I took the kick panel and the glove box out but there is too much stuff in the way to reach it.

I'm assuming that a lot of people up here installed their own components so I'm curious to see how everyone went about doing so.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:30 PM
wrx-killer
wrx-killer-Sti eater

not hard. I start from the door and work backwards. Its easier this way. Your going to need a drill bit to drill thru the moles plug. It get messy because of the goop that they throw between the wires. Repeat on the other side. when you work this way you can shove the wires into the car and see were it pops in
Old 01-05-2007, 05:03 PM
WalknIsStilHnst

Default Drilling thru the molex plug

That is where I am now. I found out how to get it from the door to the car but I don't see how there is enough space to get a drill in there to make the hole in the molex plug. Any suggestions? In the mean time, I'll keep trying.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:50 PM
b00gers

Pop the plug off.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:18 PM
WalknIsStilHnst

I couldn't get the plug off but I managed to finally get a drill inside the door and simply drilled a hole through the passenger side molex plug. On the driver side, however, there were too many wires in the molex plug for me to safely drill through it. I drilled a hole in the metal directly above the plug and put in a rubber grommet to avoid chafing the wire. In the end, it took me about 8 hrs altogether to get wire run to both doors. The second door took considerably less time though because it was only repetition, not innovation.