Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Audio people... sound, but no voice

Old 10-24-2006, 06:59 PM
mxl36o
1999 Accord 4 cyl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audio people... sound, but no voice

This converts my stock honda stereo ..both aux or ipod through the CD changer output.

Link

This thing has two outlets one to connect an ipod interface (ipod charger port) and another to connect aux-in line.

So when I connect this thing... my left speakers as only MUSIC and NO voice (or deep bass). My right speakers are perfect. I tested it out by using the Balance on the stereo. Radio/CD sound works perfect.

I just want a general idea of what this means, when one side would only hear Music w/o the voice. (its like its filtering either some frequencies..)
Old 10-24-2006, 09:57 PM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when you lose bass/voice... either the positive or negative lead of the left channel is cut.

if the radio works perfect... theres something loose in the connection to the radio, the connection between the ipod and the interface... or something in the interface itself.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:04 PM
mxl36o
1999 Accord 4 cyl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jani
when you lose bass/voice... either the positive or negative lead of the left channel is cut.

if the radio works perfect... theres something loose in the connection to the radio, the connection between the ipod and the interface... or something in the interface itself.
found the answer

http://acurarl.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=60590

""You don't really need any of those things. Let me just go through a little history so you can better understand. Alpine makes the OEM changer for Honda/Acura. That is why Alpine changers work with Honda/Acura cars. To keep the two companies separate something has to be different or else Honda/Acura can't charge its customers $400-$600 for a rebaded product that sells under the Alpine name for $250. That difference comes in the way the DIN plug is wired. The difference between the wiring in the 8 pin DIN on the Alpine and Honda/Acura M-Bus changers are with 2 wires. This is labeld as pin #2 and #4 and is right signal and signal ground. The Honda/Acura changers swap these two wires. What this causes is the signal to be out of phase in the right channel thus making an Alpine CD changer sound funny (Lack of bass). To correct this aftermarket companies like ACUALP created a DIN adaptor cable that inverts these #2 and #4 pin wiring of an Alpine changer to match Honda/Acura OEM. Basically, those two wires are just swapped at one end of the ACUALP DIN connector. That corrects the phase problem. Now, do you really need this adaptor? No. It makes things simple since a customer can just spend $25-$35 and plug everything in and have it work. However, if you are somewhat handy with a soldering iron you can simply open the Alpines DIN cable (This is easy as you just lift the lock tab on the black DIN connector sleeve and slide the casing down), find the #2 and #4 Pins This is easy as it is labled on the outside of the DIN connector next to each actual pin), unsolder those wires, swap them, and resolder them. Now you just did exactly what the ACUALP adaptor did only it was free.

As for using the Alpine control camble they are simply talking about using the supplied M-Bus DIN cable that comes with the changer. This is needed for some of the other Honda cars, but in the case of the G2 Legend, it is not needed because the Legend is prewired with an 8 Pin DIN cable from the factory. All you need to do is plug the modified changer, or ACUALP equiped changer into the DIN cable supplied in the Legend and you are set.

Now, the only reason why I think they stated that the factory cable can't be used is because I forgot to mention one other thing that makes Honda/Acura OEM changers different from Alpine. The 8 pin DIN connector pin conficuration is slightly different. OEM pins are in sort of a U shape, while Alpine is in a true circle. This is no problem at all as you just slightly bend the two last pins in the U in slightly and it will fit. Don't worrry about this as stereo shops all over the nation do this very same thing when they deal with Alpine/Honda/Acura changers. Besides, you would need to do the same thing if you were to plug the Alpine cable into the back of the OEM deck anyway since the pin shape is the same on both ends."