Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Best online stores for car audio, particularly headunits??

Old 09-30-2002, 10:28 AM
AcsRcool
Faster than your Geo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best online stores for car audio, particularly headunits??

Can anyone refer me to someone with good service and price?
Old 09-30-2002, 02:55 PM
rcurley55

if service is what you want....go to crutchfield. Sure their prices are a bit higher then other places on the net, but I still think they are the best out there....here's why:

1. Service....they have great customer service, and a 30 day money back guarentee.
2. Tech support...the provide all the instructions to take your car appart
3. Free harnesses and dash kits....they give you the extra parts to actually get the thing in there....that's about a $20-40 value, plus you don't have to drive to the store.
4. Longevity...this store is going nowhere. They've been in the game longer (or almost as long) as anyone. They are not going to dry up next week and close their doors.
5. Warranty...everything is A-stock and is warrantied.

That's 5 pretty good reasons to go with them. I feel their headunit selection is fairly good for the mainstream. If you want something exotic, then go somewhere else, but for most consumers they have what you are looking for.

Sorry to sound like a salesman, but I think people shop by price only. There is a lot of hidden value to shop with a reputable dealer that some people don't see.
Old 09-30-2002, 04:29 PM
08SnakeEyes08
Vince Tran....

.... go to a local retail store. thats my your best bet. if anything happens, u can bring it back to teh store and get it fixed or whatever. only thing i'd buy online are subs (most great subs can't be bought locally, or at least here in canada)... and maybe amps. but HU... many problems happen, knob don't work... screen ****s... i had hella problems from top of line alpine decks to good panasonic decks.
Old 10-01-2002, 08:23 PM
lfemartini

etronics.com...the only problem with them is that there not an authorized dealer for most major brands. Its a chance you take, but I ended up saving over $200 on a Kenwood at this place. I also have bought headphones and speakers from this place and there service and shipping are excellent.
Old 10-01-2002, 09:30 PM
DamnAccord
Closet Gun Nut

Well if you care about service and things that might break, you are better off ordering at like Crutchfield, SoundDomain, or shoot, even at a local retail store. BUT, if you don't care about that stuff like me and just care about saving a lot of money ON THE SPOT, then check out, www.carmedia1.com or www.ikesound.com

That's where I get my stuff at. But I get my wires and misc. stuff at SoundDomain.
Old 10-02-2002, 09:35 AM
Mike
Banned

Please be warned, most manufacturers WILL NOT warranty products over the internet. Alpine, Eclipse, MB Quart are just a few who don't authorize internet sales. Any place that tells you those products come with a will manufacturers warranty is lieing to you.

Mike
Old 10-03-2002, 08:42 AM
Nikon44

Crutchfield is a authorized dealer of Alpine and Alpine warrenties all products under authorized dealers.
Old 10-04-2002, 08:25 AM
Mike
Banned

Originally posted by Nikon44
Crutchfield is a authorized dealer of Alpine and Alpine warrenties all products under authorized dealers.
With the exception of Crutchfield!:fawk:

Mike
Old 10-04-2002, 09:32 AM
Bass Mechanic

all the distrubuters i buy from all tell me if i have any problems i can return it to them for warranty.
so yea the manufacturers won't honer the warranty but the distrubuters don't exactly have to tell them that the person who returned it bought it online.
in this case warranty is not an issue. i have never had any problems returning anything. the secrit is dont buy from someone that will not stand behind their customer service. anyone that buys from me can get a warranty. there may be a limitation as to how long of a warranty like in say a year if the product fails and is not a current model there might be an issure but at least i can return things that have problems that are a manufacturers defect.