Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Alpine CDE-9846

Old 09-23-2006, 03:33 PM
Rebelwork
senile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alpine CDE-9846

This receiver came in my daughters car. Looked like somebody tried to test if it was detachable with a screwdriver and chipped the corners. The knob will stay on but you must press it in to change certain settings like the sub,bass,treble,time,etc. I was able to pull the knob off and insert the end of a pen to highlight the option and quickly reinsert the knob to turn it to the setting I want. Kinda a PITA.

Can the knob and sleeve be repaired?

I also have a new JVC KD-LX10 I bought for my truck several yrs ago but never used it but not sure there would be an advantage to swapping them out since it doesnt play mp3's.

Would you swap the Alpine for the JVC?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
cde-9846.jpg (15.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg
53.jpg (17.4 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Rebelwork; 09-23-2006 at 03:54 PM.
Old 09-23-2006, 03:47 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

I wouldn't try, it's a good radio but pretty much worthless now. A new faceplate is rather pricey.
Old 09-23-2006, 03:57 PM
Rebelwork
senile

Originally Posted by totalimmortal
I wouldn't try, it's a good radio but pretty much worthless now. A new faceplate is rather pricey.
Yea my age showsh: . I fergets its all about the face plates now and the actual rear unit is only about 10% of the cost of a new one:slap: ...Thx Jack