Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

can i wire my CD-walkman to my car stereo?? i have mp3 walkman and i wanna hear...

Old 09-27-2002, 12:04 AM
loodboi
هونده بريلود

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can i wire my CD-walkman to my car stereo?? i have mp3 walkman and i wanna hear...

can i wire my CD-walkman to my car stereo?? i have mp3 walkman and i wanna hear some mp3 music? i have Sony XRC5110R casette band player, but i have 10xCD box, so, can i wire the walkman to my stereo and hear some mp3's`??? please help!
Old 09-27-2002, 01:09 AM
SlowCivicHmm

I'd put this in the audio forum for a faster response...but...

I'm guessing that you could use that cassette adapter used in cd walkman stereo kits the same way with the mp3 player......I'm assuming by your post above you have a cassette only deck....use the CD/cassette adapter and plug it into the mp3 player's headphone jack...........thats all I can think of plus your post seems kinda wierd...could be that it's 3am...hahaha

Hope I helped!!
Old 09-27-2002, 03:07 AM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

They also sell a transmitter (Radio Shack or Walmart) that you plug into the headphone jack of your cd/Mp3/MD player which transmits over a certain radio station and you turn your head unit to that channel.
Old 09-27-2002, 03:21 AM
str8edgexx

Originally posted by CivicSiRacer
They also sell a transmitter (Radio Shack or Walmart) that you plug into the headphone jack of your cd/Mp3/MD player which transmits over a certain radio station and you turn your head unit to that channel.
My brother had one of them in his old Corvette, and it didn't work too well. Since it worked off transmitting radio waves, it wasn't as crisp or clear as one of the cassette adapters. I'd go with one of the adapters, and if that doesn't work, then try this idea.
Old 09-27-2002, 08:22 AM
mobius

get a cheap tape player (in-dash) unless you already have one. then get one of those tapes that have the wire that plugs into portable players (cd, md, mp3 players). plug right into the headphone jack.
another option if you have a cd player- get an rca to headphone wire =-------- -. You can plug this into an auxilary on the back of your in-dash cd player. Run the wire below to an open spot or into your glovebox or somewhere where you will put your player. the wire will be mostly hidden, but still available when you unplug your player.

hope that helps
Old 09-27-2002, 11:44 AM
smokedogg

cassette adapter all the way, cheapest and easiest way and doesnt sound bad at all either.

thats how i had my mp3 discman hooked up before i got an mp3 HU.
Old 09-27-2002, 11:01 PM
seth90dx

Hmm... Well if you have the cd-changer hooked up to your caset deck... then it must have a auxilury hookup! Why dont you simply hook the mp3 player up the the aux?
Old 09-27-2002, 11:07 PM
seth90dx

BTW! SHAME ON YOU FOR DOUBLE POSTING!
Old 09-29-2002, 07:37 PM
Falkon
still alive

Get an Aiwa deck man! Aiwas offer 40-50wx4 stereo all with aux inputs on the front and preamps. They're great trust me!