Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

2005 Honda Civic factory alarm issues

Old 07-24-2006, 04:12 PM
Hensley300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Honda Civic factory alarm issues

Hey guys,
Ive got a question regarding the factory alarm modes. I have a 2005 honda civic ex coupe. I installed a factory alarm myself. It does one or two wierd things though and I think its because it is in some sort of "mode". Check this out and see what you think:

With the alarm off and the doors closed, Ill open the trunk. If the trunk if open say, over a minute or 30 seconds, the alarm will beep and lock the doors. If I keep screwing around in the trunk the alarm will go off. This only seems to happen when the trunk is open though.
If i turn the alarm off with all doors closed and just walk in the house, the alarm will stay in the "off" state.
usually....
but.......
This happens rarely but sometimes: Same scenario, alarm off, doors closed, sometimes the alarm will just go off while the car is in my drive way.

How can I get the alarm out of this mode. Is it somehow in "active" instead of passive mode?

Any thoughts and ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 07-26-2006, 01:54 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

Doesn't sound like any "mode" to me. Double check your wiring:dunno:. Is this your first alarm??
Old 07-26-2006, 07:29 PM
Hensley300

Originally Posted by totalimmortal
Doesn't sound like any "mode" to me. Double check your wiring:dunno:. Is this your first alarm??

Nope, not my first.

But I have had alarms in the past with several different modes of protection and auto settings you could set it into. Much more complicated than this box that I just hooked two harnesses too.
But, on the other hand, I don't have any doc's on the honda factory alarm so I don't have anyway of knowing if it actually does have more than one mode setting
Old 07-26-2006, 11:37 PM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here's the owner's manual for the alarm - http://handa-accessories.com/civic/02civsecurity.pdf