Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

2003 Honda Accord LX: Tuner Assembly (CD Player) Not Working

Old 07-22-2006, 02:40 PM
hondadarkly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Honda Accord LX: Tuner Assembly (CD Player) Not Working

Greetings,

I have a 2003 Honda Accord LX Sedan with a 4-cylinder engine.

My car was hit from the side, with no engine damage. Replaced both doors and no perceived problems.

However, during the month after, I noticed when I rode over any bump, my CD player would skip.

If I rode over one bump, the CD would continue playing. If I rode over two or three, it was a maybe.

If I rode over a really big pot hole, or three or more bumps, the likelihood I received a "DISC ERROR" prompt on the screen was very high.

The radio would default back to the radio station, and the CD would eject itself.

I talked to many people, and it appears that the ground wire is loose? I purchased the repair manual and saw no information regarding a ground wire, or if this is even the case.

When my car gets hot, the CD player will ALSO stop playing.

I removed the tuner assembly altogether and am ready to replace whatever I need to replace.

Ever had this happen before? Any suggestions? Any one know how to see if this phantom "ground wire" is properly connected? Where it is?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

- HD
Old 07-23-2006, 11:25 PM
JerryS

I would check to see if the wire harness behind the CD unit is loose... all your wire to the unit connects there. If that doesn't help, then maybe the unit was damage in some way... my original unit for my accord only lasted me 3 years after I bought it so it could just be it's time too. If I was you, I would avoid the pot holes and other items on the road all together.
Old 07-24-2006, 04:56 PM
hondadarkly

Good advice

I will check to see if the wiring for the tuner assembly is somehow messed up.

Thanks again

- HD
Old 07-26-2006, 01:53 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

The 7th Gen Accord radios sucked ass man, sorry to break it to ya. The best you can do is pull it out and trace the wiring to make sure it's all intact. If it is, then it's new radio time.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:21 PM
hondadarkly

Thanks a lot total,

I was just waiting for someone to break it to me, so I can just go ahead and get an aftermarket one, like many people have already suggested to me.

I'm growing awful tired of retracing wires that look exactly the way they're supposed to.

But if they truly do suck ass, then I'll take a look at some aftermarket stuff.

I hear some of the new systems have an "aux" jack for devices such as your ipod or other mp3 players.

Is this a new trend that is picking up enough for me to go out and purchase a system with this built in, or what would anyone suggest?

Searching for one as we speak.

Thanks guys,

- HD