Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

spearker installing

Old 07-13-2006, 09:01 AM
dptaccord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spearker installing

I'm wondering if its worth it to get bestbuy to do an simple installation of my spearkers for my 93 accord LX, can't I just do it myself? I've never done it before but its simple right?
Old 07-13-2006, 12:18 PM
b00gers

It depends how comfortable you are with your car. It doesnt take long at all.

Screw driver and clips to remove panel
Screw driver to remove speaker
Crimp and connectors to hook up to new speaker
Screw driver to secure speaker back in
And put the panel back on.
Old 07-14-2006, 05:54 AM
Shallow_Bay
teh accord guy

rule of thumb... dont ever let best buy touch your car. my friend got his truck back from them, as soon as we looked at it we noticed the interior panel was cracked, and the power door locks didnt work. Then of course they denied screwing it up, and we ended up having to replace the panel and rewire the locks. so yea dont go there
Old 07-14-2006, 04:46 PM
mishqua

Its easy as pie u just need to take your time.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:10 PM
HONDA_driven
got vtec?

Default Acoord Speaker Installs!

Yes, you can do it yourself. their are plastic clips that attach to the door panel then go into the door sheet metal. After you remove the machine screws that are in the storage pochet(small one in the armrest) you'll see a litttle plastic cover (1/2" X 3/8 in). take a flat head screw driver and pry that off. take out that screw. 10mm or phillips. take your fingers and get them behind the door panel(use the tip of a flat head to pry so u can get your fingertips in there) at the bottom of the door/door panel. pull hard! work your way out. then there is the plastic triangle where the side mirror is, grab it and carefully yank it off. the top of the door panel has a lip where the window seal is, that lip sits on top of the door sheet metal. Grabbing the bottom of the door panel, apply pressure upwards and rock side to side. when off, you'll have access to the door panel wire harness. take that off. Reply back for an easy way to modify the factory speaker mount/jig.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:17 PM
I_S_R

jus get a friend to do it for you man!!!! im pretty sure theyll be willing to.

p.s. BEST BUY CAN SUCK MY F***IN DIC*, I HATE THEM B*****S