Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

i know people say impossable but whos tried

Old 04-06-2006, 06:40 AM
killinkatz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i know people say impossable but whos tried

i have to shit amps why is it not possable to put two 300 w amps to one 1200 w speaker ran from same ground same power same remote and rca y connectors so same rca im gonna try it has any one else?
Old 04-06-2006, 07:14 AM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

Heard of periods?? Punctuation?? Are you trying to do this?? Are you asking if it will work?? I honestly wont say anything about grammer unless I really cant understand the message trying to be conveyed. Try again man.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:31 AM
killinkatz

i have two shit amps.I would like to know why it is not possable to put two amps to one speaker. If each amp used same ground, same power wire, same remote, and same rca with Y connectors. would or wouldnt this work to power the one 12 inch speaker
Old 04-06-2006, 07:36 AM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

Is the sub DVC?
Old 04-06-2006, 07:39 AM
killinkatz

no. so i would be trying to touch positive from each amp,and negitive from each amp. then to the speaker
Old 04-08-2006, 05:39 AM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

You can do it, but it will one ghetto-fied install buddy. Why not save, beg, borrow the money and buy one good amp? And what do you mean by same power wire?? Are you using a distibution block?? Daisy chaining?
Old 04-15-2006, 07:02 AM
First-Bass
12 Volt Master

this is rediculess, you'll have to relay isolate each speaker wire so that thier is no cross feeding of the amplifiers.

dont do it, if it was dvc id say go for it, but your two amps, (if not equipt for slave mode) are going to send differant signal at differant times.
if 1 ground is longer than the other the amps are going to run differant current.

I would take totalimortals' advise and buy an amp that is designed to supply you with your power that you need.

otherwise plan on throwing both your 300w amp out, cause the channels are not going to handle the back feed.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:34 PM
mishqua

won't he kill it cause he is running to much power. on a dvc you will be able to balance the ohms, I'd sell both amps and get somthing that works right,looks good and wouldn,t fry when you hook it up.