Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Custom Setup (pics... sort of) Ideas appreciated

Old 03-02-2006, 06:13 AM
Nors
倍力恋

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Setup (pics... sort of) Ideas appreciated

Ok so I am designed a new set up for my 1995 V6 Accord. Let me know what you think.

Pictures are attahced.

I plan on having a 15" in a ported box facing the cabin. I will be building a wall seperating the sub area from the rest of the trunk. The cap will be mounted on the amp rack facing away from the sub. I plan on putting a plexi window in the center armrest so you can see the voltmeter (on the cap) and the amps light up ect. I was wondering if this has ever been done before? I need to buy materials to build the rack/cap mount/wall to seal trunk from, any suggested places? I would like to use 1/2" MDF, would that hold about 60lbs, even if its 26" long and 17.5" wide?

I never built anything out of MDF before. Is it difficult?

Also, pics aren't really to scale.

Hopefully this will all be done in about 15 days so I will hopefully have completed pictures. Sorry if you can't understand the pictures, I MSpaint'd them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
ampsetup.JPG (29.7 KB, 65 views)

Last edited by Nors; 03-02-2006 at 06:18 AM.
Old 03-02-2006, 06:57 AM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice diagrams.
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 03-02-2006, 07:20 AM
b00gers

Any particular reason why the back of the box is slanted? Slanted + ported = having fun in the design h:
Old 03-02-2006, 07:57 AM
Nors
倍力恋

Thats the way I bought it, its a qlogic box not custom made. I need to make all the other pieces/mounts ect.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:36 PM
surfib

From my experience, you get better bass response if you have the sub facing away from the seats. More airspace to push I guess.
Old 03-03-2006, 04:32 PM
mishqua

First thing i'd do with that prefab box is run a good bead of silicone on the inside of every corner. Honestly you are better off just making your own box so many materials and so many ideas. Then you can make the perfect setup for your install.

As for the direction of the sub it doesn't really matter face it to the back of the trunk it will bounce the sound waves of your trunk lid and the higher frequency's will be less noticible. I have mine faceing into the cabin as well I just made sure my adjustments on my amp compensated for. Just wondering why you are building the wall behind your sub? Thats a lot of extra dead weight, or are you gonna go big and trick it?

Last edited by mishqua; 03-05-2006 at 03:49 PM.
Old 03-03-2006, 04:44 PM
mishqua

O ya I would go big with the 3/4 MDF. 1/2 in will buckle fast. Dont build your amp rack out of the MDF unless you want to spend a lot of time braceing the snot out of it. MDF has alot of good uses they make great sub box's, frames and so fourth. Down side is MDF is very heavy more weight in your car the worse gas mileage you get.