Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Help With Radio/amp/power

Old 02-27-2006, 12:47 PM
katraloko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help With Radio/amp/power

I have this problem I install the radio and everything is ok
I install the amp u know the wires and everything, everything were fine
now when I put the radio the amp is on n work very good......
now when i put the radio on cd the amp turns off.........
when i put the radio on aux the amp turns off.........
so anybody knows whats wrong??????????
I check the remote cable n its ok i check the power cable n its ok so i dont know...............and by the way this morning me and my friend were trying anothers radios we thoght it may be the radio but when i put the new radio something happen and then smoke was comin out from the radio........when we tried the second radio now it didnt turn on at all..........no radio and no amp....... i try my radio on his car and it works.........I try it with his amp and everything works good radio/cd/aux so i dont know if its any cable or something

so the problem that i have is that no power comes to the radio........cant turn it on.......
Old 02-27-2006, 03:00 PM
surfib

You put the romote turn on lead on the attena wire. That wire only supplies power whent he radio is on, not when the cd/aux is on. You need to wire it to either the 12 ignition lead or the remote turn on lead.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:46 PM
katraloko

ohhhhhhhhh
Old 02-27-2006, 03:59 PM
katraloko

wich is the 12 ignition lead or the remote turn on lead.
im new doin this thing
Old 02-28-2006, 08:43 AM
surfib

What year is your car?
Old 02-28-2006, 10:15 AM
b00gers

Originally Posted by katraloko
wich is the 12 ignition lead or the remote turn on lead.
im new doin this thing
Generally there are two power wires, a red one and a yellow one. The yellow one is a constant power.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:40 AM
katraloko

MINE IS AN ACCORD 94, 4 DOORS

Generally there are two power wires, a red one and a yellow one. The yellow one is a constant power.

SO I SHOULD CONECT THE BLU CABLE THAT GOES TO THE AMP TO THE YELLOW OR RED EITHER ONE??? AND DESCONECT IT FROM THE OTHER BLUE CABLE (REMOTE) THAT COMES FROM THE RADIO?
Old 02-28-2006, 01:17 PM
surfib

There should be two blue wires coming from your radio. One is the remote turn on lead, the other is for a power antannae. Right now, you have it connected to the power antannae. So either hook it up to the other blue wire or to the red, "switched power", wire. That wire pushes juice when the ignition is in the on position.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:57 AM
katraloko

i got u...............thanku

but................
heres the other problem i tried another radio and the radio that i tried blowed out because smoke came out of it...............and when i tried to hook my radio theres no power .........
and i tried my radio on my friends car n it works ...........
so do u know whats goin on????
Old 03-03-2006, 05:05 PM
mishqua

Blue wire is antenna I belive white is remote turn on. Your manuel should have the correct wiring pattern. Don't hook up to the red wire yes it will work however your amps will always be on when your car is on. Also I'm sure there is more amps running through your accesory wire that will burn your amp up. I have turned on my amps with a d cell battery before the remote should only have low power runnning to it. thats why they install the remote wire in the back of the head unit. Other wise you might as well jump it from your power wire running to your amp, Bad idea. By the way hook a voltage tester to the yellow wire in the car not the radio and see if your geting power to this wire. Then hook up the voltage tester to the red wire turn the ignition to the on postion and see if the red wire is getting power "make sure the yellow wire is not touchng the chasse of the car. By doing this you are making sure your constant power wire is good and that your acessories wire is working.I bet that red wire is fried though.

Last edited by mishqua; 03-03-2006 at 07:54 PM.