Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Remote keyless entry for an Acura [CL 3.0]

Old 02-11-2006, 05:21 PM
robertjohn527

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote keyless entry for an Acura [CL 3.0]

I recently bought a 97 CL 3.0. Sweet car but I need a second keyless remote. Any ideas? Thanks, Robert

PS You guys feast your eyes on that Tokyo babe?
Old 02-11-2006, 05:28 PM
Driverman5777

Wrong forum ur in the Integra Forum
Old 02-11-2006, 05:30 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Hi. Welcome to HAN. :cheers:

I assume you want to add this second transmitter to your factory-equipped alarm, not an aftermarket alarm.

If that's the case, it is likely that you'll need to go through the dealer. The Acura alarms use a code-jumping program that changes the lock/unlock code with every lock cycle. The dealer will be able to teach your alarm system to recognize an additional transmitter.

As far as I know, there is no way to add a transmitter without going through the dealer.

Lastly, I'd normally move this back to the Vigor, TL and CL forum.. but since that forum tends to be on the slow side, I'll refer you on to Audio & Security. They may know of an alternate solution.

Once again, welcome to the board.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 02-11-2006, 06:32 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

screw the dealer. Look on the back of your existing remote, there is an FCC ID#... go on ebay and search that number (titles and descriptions). The CL remotes are somewhat rare, but theres usualy a few on there.

They are very simple to program yourself.

With the remotes you want to program close by, turn your ignition to the "ll" position and press either lock or unlock on one remote, then turn the ignition off... repeat this process 2 or 3 more times with the same button each time... on the third or fourth time you should hear the locks cycle, when you hear that, press the same button on each additional transmitter and turn the key off when you are done. Try each transmitter to verify their operation... sometimes it takes a few pushes of the buttons for them to work for the first time.
Old 02-11-2006, 07:15 PM
robertjohn527

Thanks SumAccordGuy94. I found a site connected with E-bay that has a used one for $35 plus $7 for shipping. Sounds good. What do you think?
Old 02-11-2006, 07:49 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

do they show a picture of the one you'd be buying? a lot of times the icons on the buttons are worn off, little things like that bother me, haha.

$35 is kind of high, but like I mentioned, they are fairly rare. Im not even sure what the dealer actually charges for a new remote... everyone will tell you something different.