Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

no sound coming from amp

Old 01-29-2006, 02:41 PM
k3ifers
k three ifers

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default no sound coming from amp

i have a pretty old soundstream 2 channel amp that i bridged to power my sub. it stopped working, so i tried hooking it up to the left output and the right output, neither worked. i checked the fuses and of course they were blown, so im like.. nice, thats the problem. i change the fuses, still nothing.

any ideas? any thing else i can do to test it, or is it time for a new amp?
Old 01-29-2006, 08:07 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The outputs could have simply gone out. I've seen it happen on amps right out of the box.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:21 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

did the fuses blow again when u put new ones in? These are the fuses on the amp, correct? If they're blowing then there is an internal problem, amp is probably screwed.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:53 AM
k3ifers
k three ifers

i havent checked the fuses again, but the light on the amp still lights up, so i am assuming that they didnt blow.

edit: yes they are the fuses in the amp, not off the battery.

im gonna ahve to check them later this week, since im at school and my car is a good 15 minute walk away h:
Old 01-31-2006, 01:52 AM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

if the fuses in the amp blew, chances are that somehow there was a short in the speaker wires... im not too familiar with soundstream amps, but anything is possible.

Check all your speaker connections... inside and outside the box... if you were playing it loud when it quit, it is very possible that a short in the speaker wires would blow the fuses. Now if there is still a short, the amp is probably in a protect mode...
Old 02-01-2006, 07:38 AM
k3ifers
k three ifers

im actually trying to play music through my 12" highs that i have in my backseat, so i know its not a connection to the sub or anyhting. when you say a short in the speaker wires.. does that mean i should try new wire? h: