Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Auto Start Add On

Old 12-15-2005, 03:59 AM
dac675

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto Start Add On

Hello all. I was wondering if anyone could help me with a question I have concerning adding an remote starter to a 2.2 CL. I have installed alarms and autostarters in other cars before (more times than I can remember), but I have never done an "add-on" system that uses the cars existing remote. Basically, I bought an Omega add-on starter that is supposed to be able to wire in and be used through the existing keyless entry and alarm remotes. All of the wiring is pretty straightforward, but the one wire I am not sure about is the remote start trigger wire. This wire says that it gets wired to the OEM alarm/keyless entry to a negative pulse wire (I take this to mean that a negative pulse to this wire will engage the remote auto start). My question is this - does anyone know if the Acura alarm/keyless system has such an output? Has anyone does a similar install? Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated. I would really like to keep my existing remotes and alarm if possible.

Thanks.
dac675
Old 12-18-2005, 05:10 PM
jragon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Test all the wires coming out of the factory alarm and see if one gives you the neg signal you need triggered by the apropriate presses of the remote.