Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Help, I hear my acceleration through my 6x9's

Old 12-14-2005, 08:59 PM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help, I hear my acceleration through my 6x9's

My set up: 99 gsr 2 dr. Both 6x9's are mounted in the rear deck w/a 500 watt amp also mounted on the deck between the 2 6x9's. Power cable is good to go, remote wire is good to go. Ground is good to go and the speakers are wired correctly and the right terminals. How come when I hit the gas it sounds like a little hmmm coming from behind that only gets louder as I go faster? I recently installed a Satelite radio, but I doubt that has anything to do with it. Whne I un plug the rf cables from the amp the noise goes away, and the noise is only heard when the car in on and running. Taking all suggestions. Thanks!!!
Old 12-15-2005, 06:37 AM
2legit2quit
You Big Dummy

The RCA's are too close to a wire(s) that have power running through them. Move your RCA's as far as possible from any power wires and the problem should be fixed.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:40 AM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
The RCA's are too close to a wire(s) that have power running through them. Move your RCA's as far as possible from any power wires and the problem should be fixed.
CRAP!!! Those things were a bitch to run. But I'll do it since I've tried everything else. Thanks!!!
Old 12-15-2005, 10:09 AM
2legit2quit
You Big Dummy

In a car with the amp mounted in the trunk, I like to run them down the center of the car under the console. Kind of a PITA but it's the best place to run them IMO.
Old 12-18-2005, 06:36 AM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
In a car with the amp mounted in the trunk, I like to run them down the center of the car under the console. Kind of a PITA but it's the best place to run them IMO.
Went ahead and did just that. Problem solved. For future reference anyone who has this problem should.

1. Check all your connections and make sure they are going to the right location.
2. Make sure you have a good ground from the amp. to the metal (no paint) part of the car.
3. If your RF cables are platinum or silver in color they are a better conductor than your traditional copper and will pick the current from running along side your amp power cable. Be sure to route these either up the middle of your car through the ctr. console or on the other side of the drivers seat. Either or, as long as they are not right next to power wire being ran.
4. Copper does not conduct as well and this noise may not be heard, but it is still a possibilty. So to be on the safe side and make this a one time job, run them separate.
5. If this does not solve your problem then take it to a proffesionial.
Old 12-18-2005, 05:07 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

Also, grounding an amp to a secondary part of the car that doesnt not have a direct route back to the battery ground terminal can cause noise.