Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

What speaker/setup to go with?

Old 12-03-2005, 02:18 PM
edecho

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What speaker/setup to go with?

Hey guys, Im a real newbie with audio stuff and Im hopin someone can help me go with a good setup. my '00 Civic Si original speakers finally have had it, they are crackin and when u turn them up, they're blown. Car audio wise, the only thing i have is an alpine deck, cda-9807 which has Built-In Amplifier RMS Power 4 x 23 Watts RMS. and i have a rockford 10" sub with a MTX Thunder 421D amp hooked up to it. I want up upgrade to a new system, like maybe $400 max for 2 front door speakers, tweeters, and the 2 rear. Any suggestions of a good setup in my range?
Old 12-03-2005, 02:33 PM
b00gers

If you do a quick search for a couple threads below you, youll find some suggestions.

I assume that you are just replacing the speakers and not adding an external amp?
Old 12-04-2005, 12:09 AM
edecho

Im not sure if I need a external amp? but if required, then id go out and get one.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:47 AM
b00gers

Originally Posted by edecho
Im not sure if I need a external amp? but if required, then id go out and get one.

You dont NEED an external amp since your headunit already has an amp that does 23watts x 4. But having an external amp will make your system sound that much louder. It is a good investment and your headunit allows for an external 4 ch amp with the preouts in the back.

If you are willing to spend the money on an amp, increase your budget by $100 and you can get a very nice starter setup.

Elemental Designs nine.4 $235
Elemental Designs eDi 6000s $125
Wire kit for ~$40
And your choice of whatever rear speakers. (I personally would just not run rear speakers)
Old 12-19-2005, 04:25 PM
jragon

i agree with b00gers, rear speakers take away from the sound definition IMO. I would just dump more into an amp to run the heck out of those componet 6.5 set up front. Clean power to these and you won't beleive the differance from your head units previous power. + running these on your deck actually will damage your speakers more in the end then on an amp. (Provided normal wear)
Old 12-20-2005, 01:48 AM
skip259

i'd invest in a nice component system. I put infinities in my fronts and they sound great! I'm not sure what the specs are for the sub amp, but you COULD sell your sub amp, go with a 4 channel amp, run channels 1-2 on the amp, rears off the head unit, and bridge channels 3 and 4 using a low pass filter for the sub.

Just one idea....