Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

orion amp

Old 10-18-2005, 06:52 PM
WorkinProgress

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default orion amp

i've got an older Orion HCCA 425 competition amp/crossover. However, i have no idea what it is capable of. I acquired the amp from a "friend " who owed me a favor, along with a set of JL AUDIO 10's. the subs and the amp knocked when i heard them in his car, but apparently all three of the JL 10's were blown. he had no paperwork or in-depth knowledge of what these components were rated at, other than some back-woods word of mouth. i've tried to contact Orion's tech support team but they are'nt too supportive. All i know is that the amp has 4 channels
that it's underrated from Orion, coining the term "cheater amp"
it's big and red
it has two switches under the plate: 1-2/ON 1-2/ON
My question is, or rather ,my questions are :
does any one have any idea where i might find the factory specs on this Orion HCCA 425 amp ?
Does any one know -for certain- what wattage it's rated at ? at what impedance ?
does any one have this particular amp?
any information on this subject would be most appreciated
Old 10-18-2005, 07:18 PM
b00gers

25 x 4 @ 4OHM
200 x 4 @ .5OHM

At 12 volts I believe.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:27 AM
WorkinProgress

that's a start. You would'nt happen to know what those two little switches under the cover plate are for, do you ? they read 1 2/ on and there are two of them