Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/audio-security-and-automotive-lighting-30/)
-   -   speaker problems help plzzzz. (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/audio-security-and-automotive-lighting/20973-speaker-problems-help-plzzzz.html)

steveng 09-09-2002 07:03 PM

speaker problems help plzzzz.

that fawking noob shop finally installed the speakers and the deck for me, but problems just started.

first, they used the factory wires instead of 16" guage as i told them to for the front drivers and they mounted the xovers under the dash. they told me 16" wouldn't fit in the groumet in the dash on 00 accord and blah blah blah.

secondly, one of my tweets now has no high or just barely noticable which i can't figure out why.

thirdly, both tweets make noise when i turn the deck knob.

so if anyone here can be kindly to tell me what i should do to solve these problems, that will be great. plz....give me a hand

b00gers 09-09-2002 07:19 PM

are those speakers powered by an amp right now?

as for the tweets...ive been having that problem for about year....it goes on and off. i tried to isolate that problem by switching the RCA, switching xovers, replacing speaker wires....and rewiring them solved it for me.

since you took it to a shop to get it installed, i say go back there and demand your stuff to be sounding right. you did buy everything brand new.

steveng 09-09-2002 07:29 PM

yes they are powered by an amp. what problem are you referring to, tweeter noise or no high?
I bought the speakers online and asked this shop to install them for me with the deck, an amp and subs i bought from them. so i actually didn't pay for the speaker installation. i don't think im going back there again. so im wondering if i can solve the problems myself, i would try it

LjN_728 09-09-2002 08:30 PM

Yea it's typical that most places use factory wiring for ur fronts. If you think about it, that's a lot of work for the installer to run a new set of spkr cables from the rear to the front, but it's worth it! I would honestly complain to the store and ask them to run a new set of cables. They'll give u dirty looks but come on u spent so much on it.

As for ur tweeters, so long as the crossovers and amp are hooked up correctly, u shouldn't be experiencing any problems! Exactly how new is this place? haha

steveng 09-09-2002 09:30 PM

Originally posted by LjN_728
Yea it's typical that most places use factory wiring for ur fronts. If you think about it, that's a lot of work for the installer to run a new set of spkr cables from the rear to the front, but it's worth it! I would honestly complain to the store and ask them to run a new set of cables. They'll give u dirty looks but come on u spent so much on it.

As for ur tweeters, so long as the crossovers and amp are hooked up correctly, u shouldn't be experiencing any problems! Exactly how new is this place? haha

i think everything was hooked up correctly to the crossovers, but somehow, one tweet has no high. i tried to turn the balance all the way to one side and i could barely hear the sound from the tweet. also the woofers clip a lot at high volume which is worse than my stock speakers. surprising huh? i might have to reset the gain control on the amps but on the other hand, im thinking if i should upgrade the wires to 16" gauge as well. those speakers not supposed to clip or distort since they can handle 90w rms. what should i do first?

LjN_728 09-09-2002 11:25 PM

Originally posted by steveng

what should i do first?

That's an easy one...go back to the store and have them fix it!:werd:

steveng 09-10-2002 03:11 PM

problem solved!! they connected the input and output reversly for the woofer. i paid 15 bucks to another shop to fix it for me :D