Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

05 Accord Sirius power wire - which one?

Old 10-14-2005, 04:33 PM
thoughthard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 Accord Sirius power wire - which one?

Sorry for the double post

2005 Accord LXSE coupe. Sirius Starbase.

I am in the process of installation. I need to know of wire options I have for the main power wire. I know of the white/green on the radio harness. I pry could tap off the fusebox also.

I installed the brain in the trunk on the underside of the rear deck. So any constant power leads anywhere from the trunk, along the passenger side, up to the dash, is what I am looking for. I'll have to extend the power lead of I do tap into the fusebox. If I do tap into that, I could just plug into one of the empty slots, or should I use a fuse tap on an existing fuse?

The switched power is from the cigarette lighter. The ground is one of the factory grounds located behind the dash storage compartment.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:20 PM
nevrdun

You will want to mount the receiver behind the radio or under the driver's side dash and get all your power at the deck. That way the only wire you need to run in the vehicle is the sat. antenna and your connections will be fused. Your FM ant. will also be right behind the deck. Use a meter to find switched and constant and ground can either be tied in to a ground wire or just use a ring term. to a good ground. If you don't have a meter go to Radio Shack or somewhere and pick one up. You don't have to spend a ton of money but don't buy the $1.99 special. (~$20). It is a very handy thing to have anyway. I am an installer at a specialty retail store. If you have any other questions just send me a message. Good luck.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:24 PM
thoughthard

Thanks alot, but I got it figured out Saturday.

Constant 12V - above the fusebox, red wire
Switched - cigarette lighter, white wire
Ground - behind the doored radio storage area, factory ground on the right

The brain was mounted in the trunk, screwed to the underside of the rear deck.

I have a multimeter from Sears, and I did use it when I had a brainfart hooking up the constant 12V. Craftsman Digital Multimeter, Manual Ranging, 30 Range, 10 Function, I think.