Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/audio-security-and-automotive-lighting-30/)
-   -   omg stupid noob installer (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/audio-security-and-automotive-lighting/20730-omg-stupid-noob-installer.html)

Coupeman 09-08-2002 04:43 PM

omg stupid noob installer

best buy kid (outside not under store supervision) helped me install my ****... 2 200 watt RMS rockford XLC 10s and an alpine v12 400 watt continuous amp and when he went to plug in one of my rca cables into my amp, he brok off the circular metal piece on the plug... so only one sub would hit... so i assumed when i went and got a new RCA cable the next day, all would be fine, but ohhh no... when i try to plug the RCA cable in, it cannot fit, he fugged up the jack itself on the amp!

possible to fix? i hope so

b00gers 09-08-2002 05:17 PM

post a pic of the problem....how does it not fit? and how do you exactly mess up the female part of a RCA connection?

fastball 09-09-2002 05:13 PM

If the male piece is stuck inside the hole (please, no jokes), you can open the bottom of the amp and take a small eyeglass flathead screwdriver to push it out from the inside. If the female part of the RCA is busted off, you need to replace the whole RCA jack. If it is under warranty, they MAY fix it (don't hold your breath, though). If not, you can find that part at a place which sells electronics parts (or Radio Hack) and replace it yourself. If you have some decent soldering experience, you shouldn't have too much trouble. Just make sure you remove ALL the screws holding the amp board to the heat sink, and all the scews around the jacks.

LjN_728 09-09-2002 08:42 PM

hmm...yea seems like u broke the outer connector or ring of the rca plug. Even if u attempted to solder that, it won't help. That's a pretty delicate area that. try this...put the rca cable in the plub and using ur hand, push it in the keep it in there. see if both subs hit. if so u can either go back to Best Buy and try to get a new one or do it the ghetto way and tape the sucka in!

Fujiwara Takumi 09-18-2002 05:13 PM

mm...pics?

and yeah, this is an easy solder job if necessary, but take it back if you can.

SGImport 09-19-2002 04:51 PM

did you buy the extended warranty? no questions no hassles :D

seth90dx 09-21-2002 06:01 PM

Re: omg stupid noob installer

Originally posted by Coupeman
best buy kid (outside not under store supervision) helped me install my ****... 2 200 watt RMS rockford XLC 10s and an alpine v12 400 watt continuous amp and when he went to plug in one of my rca cables into my amp, he brok off the circular metal piece on the plug... so only one sub would hit... so i assumed when i went and got a new RCA cable the next day, all would be fine, but ohhh no... when i try to plug the RCA cable in, it cannot fit, he fugged up the jack itself on the amp!

possible to fix? i hope so

Stories like these make me :barf: then I think, hey at least its not my **** :gives: