Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/audio-security-and-automotive-lighting-30/)
-   -   I Caved in and Ordered a System (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/audio-security-and-automotive-lighting/20359-i-caved-in-and-ordered-a-system.html)

AcuraFanatic 09-06-2002 01:22 PM

I Caved in and Ordered a System

After doing intensive listening and comparing, as well as research, I finally found all the components that I was looking for and ordered them. :D

I ordered them from Tweeter, which didn't have much in stock (only the deck), so it'll be a week before it comes in and then I won't get it installed until the end of September or so.

It sounds incredible. I just dread the day I receive the Visa bill. :D

-Eclipse CD8501 Deck
-Boston Acoustic Pro65 6.5" Front
-Boston Acoustic RM9 6x9" Rear
-JL Audio Dual 10" Subwoofers
-JL Audio 300/4 Amp For Speakers
-JL Audio 500/1 Amp for Subwoofers
-Dynamat Insulation in Front Doors and Trunk

DamnAccord 09-06-2002 02:53 PM

Heh, you remind me of me. Everytime I change my setup or get extra stuff for it, I always tend to buy a lot at the same time. Usually anywhere from 300 to 700 bucks at a time. Then when my credit card bill comes, I'm just like, :eek: :oh:

97teg 09-06-2002 05:20 PM

umm i think that system is gonnaa be a little over 700. Ok a lot! :) Looks good though dyanmat alone is pretty expensive. I jsut put on the doors cost me like 80$ but made a big difference. I usally get one piece at a time. Ive also herd of eclipse reliability problems no first hand experience though.

SiClone 09-06-2002 08:12 PM

Nice set up my man!!!!:thumbup:

SumAccordGuy94 09-06-2002 09:12 PM

shoulda got boston subs too... and waited for the boston amps, or gotten alpine.

LjN_728 09-06-2002 09:18 PM

Ah it's still a good setup if you're going for that whole matching manufacter thing. Very good but very costly!

acuradriva 09-07-2002 08:58 AM

Eclipse is very reliable from what i have seen. I have a deck that is 5 years old. my brother has one that is 4 years old. that just got back from getting fixed because the lens was cracked. I have another friend how has that same deck, and another friend that has one that is 2 years old with no problems. And my brother will blow anything you give him. They did have a problem with the 5440's? decks skipping. but it depended on what car it was in. one car it would skip and you put it into another car and it would be fine. i think it was mostly german cars they skipped in.

rcurley55 09-07-2002 10:56 AM

Originally posted by SumAccordGuy94
shoulda got boston subs too... and waited for the boston amps, or gotten alpine.
Aparrently someone doesn't care for JL

AcuraFanatic 09-07-2002 07:20 PM

Originally posted by rcurley55

Aparrently someone doesn't care for JL

Apparently so. :confused:

I listened to Boston Acoustic Subs, didn't care for them. They didn't seem to sound as clean and their lowend was weaker. Then again, they were cheaper.

Don't remember the model I looked at. As for Boston Acoustics amps, why recommend them? You've had no experience with them (not many have, if they're not out).

I did a lot of research and JL Audio amps are highly regarded and are reliable. Plus, when listened to in person, sounded great.

I didn't try to deliberatley match manufacturer's, it just happened that way. The guy who I talked to had a 1998 Prelude with that system and he highly recommended it. :thumbup:

SumAccordGuy94 09-07-2002 09:16 PM

never liked JL... I get too many of their blown products... and they sound like crap... a pro series boston will put anything comparable to shame... hands down. You probably listened to an older Rally series sub... they sounded good, but did lack a little punch. The Generators that replaced them, I would also put up against anything comparable.

I went to CES and saw and listened to the Boston amps... plus the Boston Isuzu Axiom was up here, and was running them. VERY, VERY nice! Ive also been to Boston, in mass... they had them available for demos when I was there... so, yeah... ive kinda heard them... plenty of times.