Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Can I connect a Sony EXCD-3 CD Changer to my 1990 Accord EX H/U???

Old 09-01-2005, 08:03 PM
Cre8ive1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I connect a Sony EXCD-3 CD Changer to my 1990 Accord EX H/U???

A friend gave me a Sony EXCD-3 CD Changer with all of the cables (w/o brackets) and I would love to know what I need to do to to get it to work with my stock AM/FM/Cassette unit on my 1990 Accord EX. I noticed the H/U has a CD button and the connectors/cables coming from the Sony unit are two Audio Out (RCA phono) plugs and a DIN looking connector. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Old 09-02-2005, 09:12 AM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

I highly doubt you have pre-outs on a stock deck. you might be able to use FM modulation, but sound quality will be sub-par at best.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:04 AM
Cre8ive1

Thanks for your insight. Given that I most likely do not have pre-outs, is there any adapter that can be wired to the stock deck (as it has a CD button which I assume is to switch the input signal)?
Old 09-02-2005, 10:07 AM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

You can buy a line out converter, but thats going to defeat your speakers. Line out converters are more for 4-ch amps that are going to be powering speakers. I honestly hardly ever sell Disc Changers anymore, I dont push them and generally try to steer people away from buying one.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:32 PM
Cre8ive1

Okay then, thank you for your thoughts. I will wait a little longer and most likely upgrade the whole car (it is 15 years old). Again, thank you for your help!