Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

EL Break In...No Alarm ????

Old 08-29-2005, 05:23 AM
4plait

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EL Break In...No Alarm ????

Recent break in my 2002 EL Acura exposed a flaw: the alarm did NOT go off !!

My local dealer explained that the alarm only goes off from inside vadalism....
A huge rock was thrown through the driver window,smashing the glass in a million pieces and coming to rest on the
passenger seat after bouncing off the steering wheel....would that not trigger an alarm ? ??
Old 08-29-2005, 05:45 PM
relecom
Nissan 240

Originally Posted by 4plait
Recent break in my 2002 EL Acura exposed a flaw: the alarm did NOT go off !!

My local dealer explained that the alarm only goes off from inside vadalism....
A huge rock was thrown through the driver window,smashing the glass in a million pieces and coming to rest on the
passenger seat after bouncing off the steering wheel....would that not trigger an alarm ? ??
probably not. Most Keyless entry systems are only triggered by opening the door(s) hood, or trunk, and some times the fuel door. what aftermarket alarm systems have are motion sensors, so if you hit the window it sets the alarm off. High end alarm systems come with window sensors that consist of small mic's on the windows inside the door itself that detect the slightest vibration on the glass that a in-vehicle motion sensor would not detect.....

the only thing 90% of all Factory Keyless entry systems do if stop someone from opening the door, hood or trunk. thats all.

Mark
Old 08-30-2005, 04:22 AM
4plait

Default Good Feedback !

Mark, Appreciate the feedback...I was an uninformed consumer with a false sense of security ! Once I tally up my repair bill , I'm checking into an aftermarket alarm...its a shame the salesman never mentioned the operation of an alarm system..
Old 08-30-2005, 02:04 PM
relecom
Nissan 240

yes it is a shame, that salesmen don't explain how a system works, but when something goes wrong, you are suposed to know.

regards, Mark