Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

iPod hooked into Pioneer Stereo

Old 07-05-2005, 09:10 AM
chrisrbts98gs
Bored Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPod hooked into Pioneer Stereo

I finally took the time to hook up my Pioneer DEH-P4400 stereo yesterday and i was wondering if anyone with a DEH-P series stereo has hooked up there iPod directly into their teg. I know that there are basically three different ways to hook it up:

1) Pioneer CDRB10 Auxiliary Input Adapter which has to RCA inputs and then get an RCA adapter with a headphone jack this and this

2) Auxilary Input Adapter with a headphone jack this

3) Pioneer Car Deck Interface Adapter for Apple® iPod™ this the interface won't work but i will be able to charge my ipod too

Which 1 would you recommend or is just a matter of preference?
I followed MorningZ's team-integra guide to putting in the headunit, but instead of ducttaping the stereo to the stock acura storage unit i bought an install kit at bestbuy for 18 bucks and it looks great. I am planning on drilling a hole in the back of the new storage unit so that i can put my cable threw it and connect my iPod there.
Old 07-05-2005, 09:54 AM
Ninj4r
Acura Nubbins

I'd personally snag the 3rd choice... seems the cleanest, and it's easy to tuck... good luck man! I need a new iPod. =(
Old 07-05-2005, 10:49 AM
R_Squared
LEVEL UP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please move this thread to the Audio Forum.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:26 PM
93civicsedan

I have an Ipod hooked up to my pioneer radio. I used the Pioneer CDRB10 with the PocketDock Line Out FW
http://www.sendstation.com/us/products/pd_lineout.html. The sound quality is excellent. The only good thing about the interface adapter is that it charges the ipod but it is a difficult to find a song from your headunit and alot of people gave it bad reviews.