Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Does anyone have a alarm that's effective?

Old 06-26-2005, 11:01 PM
sharp006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone have a alarm that's effective?

I wanna know does anyone have an alarm that is effective and has anyone ever caught someone breaking into their car thanks in part to their alarm. My car was broken into and I want to know the names of some of the better alarm systems.
Old 06-26-2005, 11:14 PM
stereo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any name brand alarm like viper ,clifford are good but it's more about the add on stuff that makes it more secure such as pre entry detection ,battery backup,battery backup siren ,hood deadlock,starter & ignition kill ,fuel cutoff . It also depesnds how well the installer hides the stuff I would have a independent shop that does custom work do the install . unless you plan on doing it yourself ,just stay away from chain stores they just slam your alarm up in your dash .
Old 06-27-2005, 12:33 AM
azianstylez

i think...no matter how good ur alarm is, there's always thieves that are better than that. Just don't show off ur stuff too much or get insurance on them. Sorry for ur lost, I kno how u feel, my car was broken in to last week too =(. Broken window, everything clean out!!
Old 06-28-2005, 09:23 PM
Rolodoggx

the clifford or autoloc systems are good w/the pager alarm are good. i have the clifford and i sleep with the keys on my dresser. i caught a some punk trying to get into my 01 civic and bumped into my crx which has the alarm and woke me up. dumbshit broke into like 10 cars in my neighborhood, chased him down and his ass went to jail. lucky i dont like guns might have taken his knees out and shot through both of his hands, which is what should happen to any car thief!
Old 06-29-2005, 09:46 AM
808nakoa

i got crime guard, it has tons of programable features... but there's a red L.E.D. on the dash that flashes when the alarm is armed