Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Need help with Viper 790xv installation

Old 06-12-2005, 01:25 PM
nossimo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with Viper 790xv installation

Hey,

I'm trying to install this but running into some trouble as I am a NEWBIE at this. I know, I know.... I should have a professional install it but I like to work on these type of projects on my car and also like to take it as a learning experience even though at times it can be a hassle with trying to do something without the knowledge and experience.

I'm trying to get it installed on a 99 civic ex (manual). I got most of the wires of the primary harness wired which for the most part I believe they are setup correctly.

What I have wired so far from primary:
white - wired to red/black parking lights (+) near keyless entry module
green - wired to light green/red door trigger (-) OEM alarm plug
blue - wired to blue/ black trunk/hatch (-) pin OEM alarm plug
Black - grounded to metal
Red - it says to wire to constant 12V power which is white near ignition harness, however I found a white wired at OEM alarm plug which I followed and it looked like it was steaming off the bundle of wires going to the iginition switch so I wired it at the OEM alarm plug

As far as the other wires that came with the alarm, I have not wired them since I'm either confused as to where they should go or since I'm not setting up the remote start feature I thought some of them would not need to be wired.

Here's the installation guide.

Installation guide

Any help with this would be awesome! Also let me know if my current wiring is incorrect. Thanks!