Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

No Sound from speakers

Old 06-11-2005, 01:03 PM
unloved21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Sound from speakers

I have a 2001 Honda Civic. I just recently replaced the speakers in the front and the back along with the deck. The speakers are the same size as the factory ones that i replaced. For some reason when i turn on the the deck none of the speakers play. You can see from the deck that the CD or radio is playing but for some no sound is coming out of the speakers. I know the deck works because there ins't any error messages showing on it. Sometimes the speakers will play for a couple of days but if i turn the volume up to loud or I put to much bass in all four speakers will cut off, and before it does it will sound as if it is shorting out. I had them looked at but I was told that they were all installed correctly. Anyone have any ideas, driving around without any music is really getting annoying.
Old 06-11-2005, 06:19 PM
b00gers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there a loose connection with the speakers? If they work only sometimes, that is a possible reason.

If you have a test light or multimeter, you can see if the speakers are actually getting a signal. And are you positive that the speakers are in good working order?