Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

03 accord lx head unit swap out

Old 05-19-2005, 03:31 AM
liquidh2o

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default head unit swap on 7th gen. Accord

i have an 03 accord lx w/ a stock cd player and I'm wondering if it's possible to swap it out w/ a 6-disc unit that came out of an EX model(not the dual climate control version)?

And if so can the existing harness be used or would any special mods'/add-ons be needed to complete the swapout?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Old 05-20-2005, 02:24 PM
VPUPPY

edit: i though you were talking about an older accord, not the new ones. i would take a guess that it should work though

Last edited by VPUPPY; 05-20-2005 at 02:24 PM. Reason: i read the post wrong
Old 05-27-2005, 05:41 PM
liquidh2o

and it does indeed work

Picked up the six disc changer head unit (out of an 03 accord LX) off of ebay for $50, and it arrived the other day, but they forgot to send the anti-theft code w/ it!

I couldn't wait, so I installed it last night after removing the single disc head unit, took all of 20 minutes to do.

Got the anti-theft code this morning, punched in the #'s and everything is workin great so far. I definitely love having the black/white LCD rather than the amber/black, compliments the interior so much better. Now to get started on installing the spoiler

edit: no special tools were needed.