Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Look what the UPS man dropped off

Old 05-02-2005, 10:38 AM
b00gers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Look what the UPS man dropped off

I cant wait to put it in.

Elemental Designs 11kv.2

Old 05-02-2005, 11:41 AM
99IntegraGS

Nice!
Old 05-02-2005, 04:42 PM
owen996

Thats awesome Will, I know you'll be happy with that sub. What amp did you end up going with to compliment that little monster?
Old 05-02-2005, 05:19 PM
b00gers

I still have an old Rockford Fosgate 600a4. It is serving me just fine for now. I also have a brand new Kicker kv400.1. But I am really thinking about just selling the Kicker and running the 4 ch since I dont have rear speakers for now.

But I am tempted to upgrade the 600a4 to something nicer. Car audio bug has bit me again. :happysad:
Old 05-02-2005, 05:54 PM
owen996

yea, I am tempted to get rid of my rear speakers as well, with the sub, something is happening to them, I think the air the sub is displacing is cauing speaker distortion and or damage. I either need to pull them out, or get some foam baffles, not sure what I want to do since I have amped my front speakers, I dont really need the rears anymore. I wish I had the money to get some eD components, they are pretty sweet and scream when you get near their RMS. I also wish I could get a better sub and amp, I have the 13Kv.2, my friend has a W6.

I really do hate the car audio bug.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:06 AM
Bmpn
Audiophile

nice, i am not a big fan of ED b/c of something I read about them, but that may have just been an old series or batch that was completely junk.

i'd much rather have a mono amp though, rather than the 4ch amp... but only b/c the kicker has a subsonic filter for a ported application.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:35 AM
b00gers

Originally Posted by owen996
yea, I am tempted to get rid of my rear speakers as well, with the sub, something is happening to them, I think the air the sub is displacing is cauing speaker distortion and or damage. I either need to pull them out, or get some foam baffles, not sure what I want to do since I have amped my front speakers, I dont really need the rears anymore. I wish I had the money to get some eD components, they are pretty sweet and scream when you get near their RMS. I also wish I could get a better sub and amp, I have the 13Kv.2, my friend has a W6.

I really do hate the car audio bug.
Yea, this is my 2nd phase. I dont even want to think about the money I spent the first time around. But I should be able to contain myself h: I had that problem also when I had a pair of 12s in my trunk. The air movement was causing my 6x9s to move also. I ended up with a set of foam baffles. They work, but not too well. Since they enclose the speaker, if the foam baffle is squeezed, the cone on the speaker would move also.

Originally Posted by Bmpn
nice, i am not a big fan of ED b/c of something I read about them, but that may have just been an old series or batch that was completely junk.

i'd much rather have a mono amp though, rather than the 4ch amp... but only b/c the kicker has a subsonic filter for a ported application.
Yea, I read the stuff about eD before I went with them. They seem to have had difficulties with their building factories or designs that caused a lot of trouble in the beginning. But their newer stuff seem to be great. I havent read a real complaint about their new subs or speakers. *Crosses my fingers.

And yea, I agree that having a subsonic filter would be nice. But I talk to some people and they said that as long as I keep sane with controling the gains on the amp, I should be ok without the filter. One reason why I dont want to use the additional Kicker amp is because of the added stress on my electrical system. My first big system really abused it. h:
Old 05-03-2005, 02:42 PM
TTT

Very nice man, I've actually been thinking about doing almost the same setup as you... single 11k on an old school rockford. Right now I've got a 75.2 on my mids up front, and the older rf's are pretty good quality. What kind of box are you using? If I get this setup, I would most likely use a mid to small sealed. definitely let me know how it sounds with that 600a4.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:17 PM
b00gers

Originally Posted by TTT
Very nice man, I've actually been thinking about doing almost the same setup as you... single 11k on an old school rockford. Right now I've got a 75.2 on my mids up front, and the older rf's are pretty good quality. What kind of box are you using? If I get this setup, I would most likely use a mid to small sealed. definitely let me know how it sounds with that 600a4.

I will definitely let you know. I only have my ported 12" IDQ to compare it with. It will be going in a ported enclosure and should be in my car to listen to by Friday. Same day that my new comps come. :reechy: I so :reechy: right now. h:
Old 05-03-2005, 11:35 PM
Co0lDood
[ATP]ATL

wow, that sub looks sexy.. never heard it before, i wonder how it sounds =X.. should do the big 3 with the HO alt to help your electrical system.