Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/audio-security-and-automotive-lighting-30/)
-   -   quick question about my DVC subs (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/audio-security-and-automotive-lighting/18466-quick-question-about-my-dvc-subs.html)

DamnAccord 08-27-2002 06:58 PM

quick question about my DVC subs

Ok here, 2 DVC 4 ohm subs. RMS:200, Peak: 600. Anyway, you think 300 watts is enough for both subs? Or you guys think I need more? I'm FOR SURE getting the JBL BP600.1 in exactly 3 weeks.

93acuraviga 08-27-2002 07:16 PM

it should be enough to push them at 4ohms.. but they might not sound as good when you turn them up louder.... a little more power would be better like always :D

b00gers 08-27-2002 07:46 PM

Originally posted by 93acuraviga
it should be enough to push them at 4ohms.. but they might not sound as good when you turn them up louder.... a little more power would be better like always :D
with that amp, its better to run it at 1OHM...that amp gives 300watt x 1 at 4OHM....while it gives 600watt @ 1OHM.

yes it will be enough. my W3s wanted 250 rms i think. i used that amp to power a pair, and it was great.

JonHsiung 08-27-2002 11:55 PM

More! MORE!!

...hehe. j/k. i think thats an awesome setup. stick with it.

steveng 08-28-2002 12:04 AM

hey JonHsiung, do u still have ur subs firing to the front? how do it like this setup? an audio pro told me, having subs facing to the front with the ski hole open will sound better than facing to the back. since u have an accord as me, i wanna know what you feel about this. thanx

INlude 08-30-2002 09:22 AM

theres no definitive way on how to angle the subs for every car. each car has its own resonance and characteristics so its hard to say. but if you want to make a blanket statement, magnets pointed towards you usually works pretty well. keep in mind that bass is a non-directional sound wave, so in theory the position of the sub matters less than how the wave reflects...something to think about.

arch iceman 08-30-2002 09:03 PM

What kind (brand) of subs are they? What size enclosure is it? What kind of car? Hmmm... what is your address and do you park outside? Just kidding on the last one.

All these will affect the output. You can typically overpower subs in a sealed enclosure and they will get a tighter response.

DamnAccord 08-31-2002 09:31 PM

Originally posted by arch iceman
What kind (brand) of subs are they? What size enclosure is it? What kind of car? Hmmm... what is your address and do you park outside? Just kidding on the last one.

All these will affect the output. You can typically overpower subs in a sealed enclosure and they will get a tighter response.

For now I have the Alpine Type S DVC 4 ohm subs. Yeah I know I can get better but hey, 65 bucks each, it was a steal at the time. And I have a medium sized sealed box.