Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

IPod integration - is it the future

Old 04-08-2005, 09:46 AM
ethan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IPod integration - is it the future

I bought a neo ion iPod adapter from www.mp3yourcar.com awhile back for my car. So now my iPod takes place of the cd changer. After using it and seeing my friends show interest in it I have come to the conclusion that in a few years cd changers will be obsolete and everyone will be using iPods or other digital music players. Young people really seem to want this and for car companies to think they are still going out and buying actual cd’s is foolish.

What do you think?
Old 04-08-2005, 10:56 AM
kill_kill_kill
it's sarcastic dude

completly agree. My cd decks have been stolen so many times it's ridiculous but thieves don't seem too interested in my tape deck (which plays my mp3's through that 'old school' adapter thing)

Although sateltite radio is a major contender too, alot of people don't mind or prefer having playlists controlled by someone else.

Now they just need to come out with a generation of head units that securley hold your ipod or whatever while controlling it,
Old 04-10-2005, 05:46 PM
forre65413

Default iPod adapter for 6 disc in dash changer

I have an 02 accord with the in dash changer. Does anyone know whether or not this deck has a cd changer output? I want to install a iPod adapter
Old 04-16-2005, 06:21 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

i just installed a new Alpine radio with the optional iPod controller. it's quite amazing to have 1000 albums at your fingertips, all though the headunit.

forget disc changers, this is really the new revolution.
Old 04-16-2005, 06:25 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

Originally Posted by forre65413
I have an 02 accord with the in dash changer. Does anyone know whether or not this deck has a cd changer output? I want to install a iPod adapter

nope. only 2 ports, one for the main harness, one for the powered antenna.

your best bet might be this ...

Belkin's TuneBase.

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProdu...duct_Id=186782
Old 04-16-2005, 11:55 PM
ihookitup4u

the fm modulator in the ipod acc is ok if it does not get any static wireless modulators tend to have static . however there is a wired modulator that does not fade in and out like the wireless tend to not all wireless have these problems its just i use many different kinds weekly and the wired 1's seem to me to be more reliable.

But i also agree changers r out the ipods are in .
Old 04-17-2005, 01:12 AM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i figure soon enough they will make ipod cradles right into the HU's, like a cassette almost, where you load it in from the front..... what i'm really wondering though is if apple has put anythought into making a HU of their own, iUnit anyone?
Old 04-17-2005, 01:58 AM
ihookitup4u

aftermarket has realeased a kit (brain and cable) for new vehicles that will read out on screen and control off the deck ipod just goes in glove box you dont need to touch it once. And if apple came out with a deck you would prolly have to wait about 5 years for them to perfect it anyway, but i doubt it.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:13 AM
ethan

Its all about direct connect - sounds so much better.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:33 PM
nycnftm

I got the xm roady installed in the overhead sunglasses box. They used the PIE adaptor and a ground loop to the cd changer input in the dash. I realized I can run my ipod through the same wire and it sounds awesome! Next project is to run a splitter to the roady and have the ipod with come out in the center console.