Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Stuck CDs in 2004 Accord

Old 03-30-2005, 11:22 AM
bmckeen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stuck CDs in 2004 Accord

Hi, I have a 2004 accord ex with the 6 disc changer and the CD are stuck in the player. When I push eject, it just cycles through for a while, flashing 'ejecting'' but nothing happens. If I try to play one of the CDs that are in it I get the error message on the display. Anyone have any ideas or experience with this and how did you fix it? thanks in advance....
Old 03-30-2005, 11:42 AM
kasendorf

Are these "home made" CDs with labels? If so, sometimes they can get stuck because they are a little thick. This happened to me in my Lexus and I used a tweezer to grab and pull out the CD. Good luck.
Old 03-30-2005, 01:02 PM
honda guy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The honda radio's are basically shit. Sorry to say but they are. Its an internal problem with the changer and needs a new unit. More than likely
Old 03-31-2005, 07:07 AM
2kAccord

I would go to the dealer. They might have an easy solution, or replace it for you.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:21 AM
deemf

Default stuck CDs

I use CD-Rs with labels all the time and so far - no problems at all (knocking on wood). And you guys really shouldn't diss Honda factory stereo that much. For the price you are paying they are pretty good - it's usually either Alpine or Panasonic (depending on the type of stock stereo and year) and judging by indepedent reviews they are decent. Of course they are not Harman-Kardon or Martin-Logan but then again you didn't buy a new BMW...

As for your problem I agree with the other guys - either try and use tweezers or go to the dealer - they will have it out in a matter of minutes.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:26 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

I am unfamiliar with the newer 6 disc changers. Is it in the trunk or is it in the dash?

If it's a magazine loaded model that sits in the trunk or glovebox, you can ...

slide the cartridge door open
put your fingers on the magazine
wiggle the magazine up and down
and hit the eject button

hopefully the cd will catch and eject out.

to prevent this, take the body of a wooden pencil and rub it around the outter edge and inner core of the cd. do this a few times to file down the plastic imperfections from the pressed disc.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:28 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

this was taken from my Alpine's instruction book.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
discs.jpg (113.8 KB, 65 views)