Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

anyone familiar w/ Mb Quart

Old 03-16-2005, 12:05 PM
eg_bert
hoooorraayy Beer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone familiar w/ Mb Quart

ive got myself a pair of mb quart references rce 216. does anyone have experience installing these, i was wondering if i should bi amp them or not. Im running them off of a jl 300/4. should i bi amp so that each tweeter and each mid get 75 watts. or bridge them so it has 150 watts strait to the crossover? wat do you guys think?
Old 03-16-2005, 02:58 PM
olly-civic

dontbother bi-wiring, too much power, not as easy to set up, and the amp wont like it! and in saying that the jl 300/4 is quite a powerful amp, can you not run a sub or your other speakers off the other 2 chnnls?
Old 03-16-2005, 10:48 PM
Arfboy
Diamond Audio turns me on

Bi-amp it. It'll allow for better customization and finer tuning.

Too much power? That set can handle a combined 150W. Just be cautious on the gains.
Setup shouldn't be too hard if you're willing to put a little effort into it.
And why wouldn't that amp like it? It's rated at 75W x 4.
Old 03-17-2005, 06:32 AM
eg_bert
hoooorraayy Beer

so i spent the whole afternoon rewiring everything and i decided to biamp it. i thought it would allow me to fine tune things better. it sounds 50x better then what i had before.

the reason im not running the rear channels to a sub is that im using the 500/1

when i first bought the mb quart set i was using the front chanels (of the 300/4) to power the front components and the rear was bridged(@150watts) for my w6. it was a good setup but i felt the fronts werent as loud and clear as i thought it would be.

now im happy i just have to tune it more and put my sub back in.