Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Can I replace a the steering wheel? [Mobile Video]

Old 02-03-2005, 07:10 AM
MushVroom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I replace a the steering wheel?

My friend has a car that has a tv in the steering wheel, I might buy it, but I was wondering if I can get the OEM steering wheel back on and have the airbag working....it's an integra by the way....peace.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:44 AM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

Originally Posted by MushVroom
My friend has a car that has a tv in the steering wheel, I might buy it, but I was wondering if I can get the OEM steering wheel back on and have the airbag working....it's an integra by the way....peace.
I don't see why not. If the TV was put into the OEM steering wheel to begin with & they chopped the hell out of it then u might need to get another OEM replacment.. but you shouldn't have any problems putting it back to stock.
Old 02-03-2005, 10:22 AM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

This question seems to have more to do with mobile video than with any specific model..

Moved to Audio & Security.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 02-03-2005, 10:33 AM
Exempt
2 tone Rex

Is that even legal? Dont these ppl know how dangerous a steering wheel alone is during a crash? Much less one with metal shards that can crack and fly are your face during a crash? There are way better places to put a screen than the steering wheel! I just dont get some people... But yea, if u buy the car, Id swap it for the OEM ASAP... Since it would be steering wheel with an air bag in it, its probably gonna be expensive, and youll probably have to have it professionally installed so it dosnt go off accidentally... I personally would just get a non SRS model from a ITR... They are also expensive, but I dont like air bags pointed at my face either, so thats why I would go that route...
Old 02-03-2005, 11:49 AM
rcurley55

WCC got sued for putting a video screen in a steering wheel. The airbag is the expensive part, but they can save your life, so go find a junkyard and grab one that has not been deployed, and then get another wheel - problem solved.

Just remember to disconnect the battery (negative side) before working on or around your airbags - you don't want them to go poof when you are wrenching!
Old 02-04-2005, 06:17 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

it is illegal to remove the air bag in the US.