Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Installing Viper 671XV in 92 civic

Old 01-09-2005, 04:14 PM
92eg6
99 CG3 Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing Viper 671XV in 92 civic

anyone know how to wire this in to my civic? i dont know where to locate the wires to tap into them,the ones i need are....

parking light wire
domelight
(-) door switch
(+) door switch
trunk wire( so when the hatch opens it goes off.... like the wire that goes to the light in the cluster that tells u its open

i have the starter wire allready done from a previous install
i have the negative put in
i have the ground on
i got the hood pin
key switch i got
siren an obvious
trunk release not a option

Old 01-12-2005, 01:39 PM
XScarAudio
///o\\\///o\\\

Check behind your stock radio and see if you have the stock alarm wiring harness. I tapped into all wires there, with the exception of the Parking Lights...i never bothered with those for some reason...oh well.
Mount the shock sensor on the floor board/tranny tunnel, and i mounted my antenna inside the glove box area (when the glove box is removed, there is metal under it)
Old 01-12-2005, 03:46 PM
92eg6
99 CG3 Owner

i dont think a 92 civic came with that option for a security system.
and the shock sensor the floor board behind the console? towards the firewall?
Old 01-13-2005, 06:01 AM
XScarAudio
///o\\\///o\\\

Its supposed to be as close to the center of the car as possible. I mounted it under my shifter console/armrest.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:02 AM
XScarAudio
///o\\\///o\\\

as to the wiring, find a diagram for your car, and tap in wherever is most convenient for you, but not for theives to see.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:24 AM
92eg6
99 CG3 Owner

when you installed the shock sensor there is a extra green wire coming out of the sensor that is labeled for warning, then at the plug there is a green wire that loops onto the blue, where do i splice or tap the green wire into? the blue one?
Old 01-13-2005, 06:27 AM
XScarAudio
///o\\\///o\\\

refer to documentation for that specific alarm. With my clifford, it just plugged directly into the brain....the output sensor came as 1 harness out from the brain
Old 01-13-2005, 06:36 AM
92eg6
99 CG3 Owner

i did and it wasn't clear or i didnt understand. it has a plug but the plug that goes into the brain has a blue red and ??black?? wire and the spot for the green there is a small green wire that loops from its spot into the blues and then at the shock sensor there is all the wires going to the plug plus a green wire that is free that is labeled for the warning alarm
Old 01-13-2005, 06:43 AM
XScarAudio
///o\\\///o\\\

i'll be honest...i know wiring very well, and it was a pain in the ass trying to figure out my alarm installation. they make it that way so that only trained techs do it. I did MUCH searching on the web for tips on my specific alarm, since they change up the wires all the time. Finding the wires in the car should be easy....just search the web and you'll find descriptions. thats how i found a real-world diagram of mine.

Good luck
Old 01-13-2005, 07:10 AM
92eg6
99 CG3 Owner

i found nothing for the 671VX, searching everywhere, i just dont know which wire on the 4 plug harness to tap the warning wire for the shock sensor

Originally Posted by XScarAudio
i'll be honest...i know wiring very well, and it was a pain in the ass trying to figure out my alarm installation. they make it that way so that only trained techs do it. I did MUCH searching on the web for tips on my specific alarm, since they change up the wires all the time. Finding the wires in the car should be easy....just search the web and you'll find descriptions. thats how i found a real-world diagram of mine.

Good luck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
sensor.JPG (10.1 KB, 33 views)