Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Noobie question about audio install.

Old 12-31-2004, 10:21 AM
zroeder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noobie question about audio install.

I have a 1999 Acura 3.0CL, and my amplifier was installed incorrectly. I told the shop to run the 2-channel amp to my front 2 speakers, but they ran it to all 4 speakers. I was planning on having rear fill run off of the deck. Now, I need to know how to unhook the rear speakers from the amp and run them from the deck so they can play at proper rear fill volumes. Can anyone give me any specific instructions on how to deal with this issue?

edit: The deck is an Alpine CDA-9835. The amp is a US Amps TU-600.
Old 12-31-2004, 11:13 AM
Tankard

The installer can tell you where he spliced into your speakers from the amp. That's why i like doing all of my own work. You know exactly how it's done. Or you could figure it out yourself by looking where the speaker wires go to from the amp. You will need to unsplice the amp from the rear speakers and splice them back to your radio speaker outputs if that's the way you want it.
Old 12-31-2004, 12:40 PM
Kirby

^^
:werd:
Old 01-01-2005, 10:34 AM
zroeder

My friend and I managed to reverse engineer everything, so this problem is resolved! Thanks for the suggestions. I've learned my lesson; I'll be doing my own work in my vehicle from now on.
Old 01-01-2005, 09:29 PM
Kirby

i don't see why everyone doesn't install their own stuff. it's so much cheaper and once you get the basic idea of what's going on down, it's really easy