Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

2 Questions about Audio for an Accord

Old 08-19-2002, 05:17 PM
nando11211

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by 02AccordCoupe
Will the deck make a big difference even with stock speakers?
Not really. Stock speakers are stock speakers, what you hear now won't really get any better with another deck. Actually I recommend you change your speakers, since the Alpine will put out much more wattage than the stock stereo, which will eventually blow the stock speakers because they can't handle the extra power. Hey, they're made out of paper. You can get above average quality speakers for $100 a pair.
Old 08-19-2002, 05:41 PM
02AccordCoupe
Wooo Whooooo

Originally posted by nando11211

Not really. Stock speakers are stock speakers, what you hear now won't really get any better with another deck. Actually I recommend you change your speakers, since the Alpine will put out much more wattage than the stock stereo, which will eventually blow the stock speakers because they can't handle the extra power. Hey, they're made out of paper. You can get above average quality speakers for $100 a pair.
Or is it just better to get a sub and amp, and hook it up to what i got now?
Old 08-19-2002, 05:50 PM
nando11211

What do you mean? Get an amp and subs instead of the new deck?

Its all up to you. If you prefer bass get the amp and subs, but connecting it to a stock stereo won't give you much to work with. If you prefer clean mids and highs, go for the fronts.

Either way, getting a new deck should be your first priority. Because its the "base" you can work with the deck and add on as you choose according to what you want and what options the deck has. If you prefer bass then get the deck and amp and subs and ride the stock speakers until they blow.
Old 08-19-2002, 06:01 PM
steveng

yes, u will notice the difference with aftermarket hu and stock speakers which is what i had plus a sub. if you plan to upgrade ur system step by step, i suggest you to change the stock deck first, cuz it is where the music comes from then you can either change all 6 speakers at the same time or front first and rear. but anyway, you will end up changing everything down the road
Old 08-19-2002, 06:10 PM
nando11211

Also, I have changed everything except the rears. I have an amp running to the subs and another running to the inside four, but since you have the subs that push the bass, the rears are an accessory. The fronts are more important, then with an amp you can adjust so it gives more power to the fronts, so the rears do not blow. This is the setup I have, and my stock rears have not blown.

Most people do not even have rears, but its all up to you.
Old 08-19-2002, 08:22 PM
SiClone
X-Moder8er

Originally posted by steveng

7995 has silver trim and can play mp3 as well
It's extremely nice, but if he's going to slowly build a system, he won't like the fact that there isn't an on-board amp. So if he gets its, he'll basically have a kick-ass deck and no tunes until he gets an amp....
Old 08-20-2002, 02:57 AM
moofoo
Tastes like DonkeyBalls

Originally posted by nando11211
Also, I have changed everything except the rears. I have an amp running to the subs and another running to the inside four, but since you have the subs that push the bass, the rears are an accessory. The fronts are more important, then with an amp you can adjust so it gives more power to the fronts, so the rears do not blow. This is the setup I have, and my stock rears have not blown.

Most people do not even have rears, but its all up to you.
I gotta disagree on that that "rears are just an accessory". The rears give music more spatial ominance, I thought the same thing as you and left my rears stock and upgraded my fronts to MBQ's. The setup sounded great, but it sounded more stereo than music coming from 4 speakers(even though it's stereo front/rear).. when I upgraded the rears, music sounded sooo much more open. Just my opinion
Old 08-20-2002, 06:11 AM
b00gers

Originally posted by moofoo

I gotta disagree on that that "rears are just an accessory". The rears give music more spatial ominance, I thought the same thing as you and left my rears stock and upgraded my fronts to MBQ's. The setup sounded great, but it sounded more stereo than music coming from 4 speakers(even though it's stereo front/rear).. when I upgraded the rears, music sounded sooo much more open. Just my opinion
my opinion also.

i have only fronts right now, even though they sound great, having a rear fill sounded much better. i dont like to sit there and know exactly where the sound is coming from. with rear fill it i couldnt tell exactly where my speakers were, and gave it a more full sound.
Old 08-20-2002, 06:16 AM
moofoo
Tastes like DonkeyBalls

:werd:

I dont wanna whore..but I still cant figure out a way to install 2 single dins in the double din openeing of my 2000 accord cpe

There are no adapters from schsche(sp?) everywhere I go it's custom job for $150 Creating a double din adapter to house the 2 single dins.... :madfawk:

I'm still waiting on the damn honda brackets that hold the stock double din radio in... slow shipping suck...

Ok I've finished ranting
Old 08-20-2002, 07:03 AM
nando11211

Originally posted by moofoo

Damn I guess I'm going out and getting myself some rears.