Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Burned CDs Not Working Properly in 2000 Accord

Old 11-07-2004, 06:30 PM
accord00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Burned CDs Not Working Properly in 2000 Accord

Does anyone know what brand or type of CD-Rs work the best in a 2000 Accord's factory CD player? When I bought my Accord, back in 2000, I was using Memorex CD-Rs and they worked just fine. These Memorex CD-Rs had a gold label and a recording surface that was greenish in color. They had a capacity of 74 min. and 650 MB.

A couple months ago, though, I ran out of these older Memorex CDs and had to buy some more. First, I bought Imation brand discs because I found them on sale and thought they would be good. They have a capacity of 80 min. and 700 MB and a max write speed of 48X. Well, my Accord's CD player doesn't care for them. It takes several seconds after I load the burned CD for the player to find the first track and it also has trouble "catching on" to the next track when I search through the CD.

I then proceeded to buy some Memorex CD-Rs since the older Memorex CD-Rs that I had worked so well in my Accord. I thought it might have something to do with the brand. These new Memorex don't work any better than the Imation discs, though. The new Memorex CD-Rs that I bought have a silver label, silvery writing surface and have a capacity of 80 min./700 MB with a max write speed of 52X.

I can play these newer CD-Rs from Memorex and Imation in my home audio system, computer, friend's car, sister's car, etc. with no problem whatsoever.

Somebody please help!! Thanks!