Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/audio-security-and-automotive-lighting-30/)
-   -   remote turn on wire question... (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/audio-security-and-automotive-lighting/16277-remote-turn-on-wire-question.html)

moofoo 08-17-2002 03:41 AM

remote turn on wire question...

Hey guys... I'm new to installing stuff in my car. A while back I had a pioneer HU installed in my car, I'm taking that out now and want to install a Blaupunkt HU (Model San Francisco) and a Indash 5 CD changer.

The factory plug is attached to an aftermarket plug/adapter that was spliced to the pioneer wiriing plug harness. My question is which wire does the remote turn on wire from my rear amp get attached to? Right now I see a blue wire coming out of the pioneer wiring harness and this is being attached to the ORANGE wire that goes to the amp(remote turn on)

One last thing.. my amp is a 2 channel bridged to one for my sub, but my blaupunkt has a single sub out wire (RCA cable), do I need to get an Y adapter to plug into the RCA inputs of the amp?)

Thanks guys!!

fastball 08-17-2002 05:04 AM

Remote turn on is always blue. That's the EIA standard for all head units. I don't know why there would be an orange remote line, unless the installers used some generic wiring for it. To be safe, just check the amps in the back. If the remote line taped into them on the remote is orange, then use it. If not, run your own right off the head unit. As for the RCA pre-out, you can just run one single RCA if your amp is bridged mono.

moofoo 08-17-2002 05:08 AM

So the blue wire is the wire that will go to the amp turn on plug.
But On the Blaupunkt wiring adapter, the only blue wire I see is labeled Aut. Antenna. Is this the one to connect with the turn on wire?

I'm confused, because I dont see a wire labeled remote turn on wire from the blaupunkt adapter wire set.

fastball 08-17-2002 05:24 AM

Does your Blaupunkt have one or two blue lines?

moofoo 08-17-2002 10:01 AM

Bro I went to a local stereo shop and there was another blue wire that was with 4 RCA outputs, that was the turn on wire.

Thanks for your help!

I have another question though.

I asked the guy if they made a adapter that would hole 2 single din pieces in the dash, I wanna install the HU and a INDASH cd changer. He said no, I went to another place and they also said it would haveto be custom made.

Any ideas on what I can do? I still have the single din adapter though.

Any links for finding this part would be great thanks!!

fastball 08-17-2002 09:44 PM

What kind of car do you have? Some Hondas (like my Prelude) have a frame that the radio is screwed to on the sides. You will also notice another set of scew holes either above or below, depending on the position of the radio. You can mount another unit to those screws.

moofoo 08-19-2002 08:07 AM

I have a 2000 accord coupe, with the double din opening.

Right now I installed just my HU with the previously installed single din adapter. I'm waiting for a solution to add the in dash changer and then I'll work on putting that in as well.

I ordered the factory brackets that hold the facttory double din radio, maybe those will somehow hold the 2 single dins in place, I dunno. didnt cost much though like $6. They'll be coming in, in like 10 days or so.

fastball thanks for your help bro! :D