Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

How do I get through the firewall in a 2004 civic ex hatch?

Old 08-08-2004, 08:30 AM
Klatu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I get through the firewall in a 2004 civic ex hatch?

I'm trying to install an AMP in a friend's civic. However I can't find anywhere to run the power cable through the firewall...

There are 2 grommets that I found on the passenger side but 1 goes into the frame of the car and the other goes god knows where. I can't figure out where to go or drill.

If anyone can help me I'd be very grateful
Old 08-08-2004, 10:46 PM
lgbr
Wal-Mart Shopper

On my civic, I had trouble finding it too. I found one behind the accelerator pedal. Look for rubber pads on the firewall, peel it off, you might see a piece of foam or something on the other side, that will just push back, and you can slide the wire through.

I've also been told to look around the master cylinder for some holes. If all else fails, you might check the area where the headlight wires and such go through.
Old 08-15-2004, 07:09 AM
crak600
Hi

Originally Posted by Klatu
I'm trying to install an AMP in a friend's civic. However I can't find anywhere to run the power cable through the firewall...

There are 2 grommets that I found on the passenger side but 1 goes into the frame of the car and the other goes god knows where. I can't figure out where to go or drill.

If anyone can help me I'd be very grateful
find it for certain yet? PLEASE tell me if you do. i've got an 03 Civic EX sedan and hopefully i'll be wiring up amps in the next few weeks.