Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Anti-Theft Lock System Trouble??

Old 07-16-2004, 09:42 AM
nfhonda99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anti-Theft Lock System Trouble??

Hi All,

I have a 99 Honda Accord that I bought as a certified used car in 2002. Since purchasing the car, I have had recurring electrical problems, specifically: 1) power in radio turns on/off (esp when I turn on headlights or lock/unlock driver side door); 2) power locks and windows don't work at times, usually when headlights are on; 3) keyless entrance on remote system no longer works. These problems seem to be activated when I lock/unlock driver side door.

I have had the car looked at several times. The problem goes away for a while then recurs. I have a car fax report on the car and it appears to be clean.

The car is no longer under warranty. Four weeks ago, I paid to have the fuse box and multi-valve box replaced. Less than two weeks later, the same problems have occurred. I am fighting with Honda to honor its warranty on the parts and service. I have been told by a non-mechanic friend that the problem might have to do with the Honda anti-theft lock system. Any ideas?

I'm thinking about getting an after-market alarm system. Would this disable the anti-theft lock system and possibly solve the problem? I don't want to go back to Honda because at this point I've been to four Honda service centers and have paid a ton of money and still have the same problem.

I'm frustrated and broke...

Thanks,
Nicole
Old 07-21-2004, 10:33 AM
profuse007

thats call the BCM unit. BODY CONTROL MODULE not ur anti-theft.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:07 PM
jgemignani

Default 1999 Accord Anti-theft system problems

Did you ever find the solution to your problem?
I have a similar problem with my Accord's anti-theft system acting up. If I lock the doors the factory installed alarm will go on randomly.
Any words of wisdom?

Paralyzed,

John
Old 08-23-2006, 05:17 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

Originally Posted by jgemignani
Did you ever find the solution to your problem?
I have a similar problem with my Accord's anti-theft system acting up. If I lock the doors the factory installed alarm will go on randomly.
Any words of wisdom?

Paralyzed,

John
Don't bring back old threads!! Christ!:rant:
Old 08-23-2006, 07:35 PM
Shallow_Bay
teh accord guy

replace the module... if that dont work then you got one hell of an electrical problem
Old 08-23-2006, 09:49 PM
b00gers

Originally Posted by totalimmortal
Don't bring back old threads!! Christ!:rant:
Its actually good that people search through the old threads :hs: