Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Amp Installation...can not run power!

Old 06-21-2004, 08:32 AM
MoreSlowthango

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amp Installation...can not run power!

So this weekend I tried to install my amps but could not find a hole in which to run the power wire from the battery into the cabin.
I tried everything short of drilling!
Is there a place I can drill into the cabin to run these wires safely?

99 Honda Accord 4cyl LX Sedan.

Your help is appreciated.
C
Old 06-21-2004, 09:12 AM
93DelSolSi
♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

is there any places that install this for you ?
Old 06-21-2004, 12:52 PM
SOHKeg

if it's automatic just drill through where the clutch usually is. if not just make sure you can go through the firewall cleanly without hitting anything important (wires, hoses, anything other than the firewall). if i remember from the last civic we did there should be an unused grommet or two somewhere under that dash on the firewall
Old 06-21-2004, 02:39 PM
TTT

Well, if you don't want to drill a hole in your firewall, you can run the power wire (if is greater than around 4 gauge) through your fender. Open your door and pop your hood and you should see some light coming through the door jam from a hole where the hood latches to the car. You can take a clothes hanger and run wire through that. If you want a cleaner look your going to need to drill a hole or use an unused grommet. If you are drilling a hole, take a hammer and nail or something with a point and dent in where you want your hole to be in your cabin, then go to your engine and look to make sure that you aren't drilling anything important... if you are, then just do it again in a different spot until you get somewhere that isn't going to screw anything up.
Old 06-22-2004, 01:05 PM
honura
Seni

Well in almost every car there should be a spot to run that wire. Look for a rubber seal in your fire wall that is not being used and you can run it through there. If not drill a hole man!
Old 06-22-2004, 01:25 PM
ziggdoggaroni

there should be a round plastic piece on the firewall of the drivers side of the car. wish i had a pic of it, it's really easy to get to. don't go ghetto style and run it through the door jam, that's just ghey.
Old 06-22-2004, 01:25 PM
SOHKeg

go through the firewall, going through the fender is GHETTO and will cause you problems in the long run.
Old 06-24-2004, 08:11 AM
k3ifers
k three ifers

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SOHKeg
go through the firewall, going through the fender is GHETTO and will cause you problems in the long run.
:werd: thats the most bootleg way to do it.. wait until the insulation gets worn off..
Old 06-25-2004, 06:24 AM
ziggdoggaroni

insulation won't get worn off if you use a gromett.
Old 06-25-2004, 04:48 PM
SunsetLude

hhuuum kinda odd ive installed 4 differnt cars "all honda " and the hole was on the left side proubly an inch from the throttle body on the fire wall. there wires threw a hole and they will lead behind ur glove compartment it was hard but i did it lol