Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/audio-security-and-automotive-lighting-30/)
-   -   is this worth for speakers installation (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/audio-security-and-automotive-lighting/14424-is-this-worth-for-speakers-installation.html)

steveng 08-08-2002 09:55 PM

is this worth for speakers installation

alright, i haved decided to let a pro install my new speakers for me, mainly because that i don't have any tools needed for cutting, drilling and soldering and i don't want the hassle. so today i dropped by a stereo chain store just like ur circue city, call A & B sound, to ask how much was the installation. guess how much they quoted me...100 USD. first i was like hmmm sounds good then i thought i might get those tools for that money and return them after use:D . anyway, my question is, should i do it myself or pay the money to let pro do it? please share ur thoughts with me as you always do. thank you

b00gers 08-08-2002 10:41 PM

hahahahaahahhahahahahah $100 to install speakers? just the speakers? thats crazy.

what tools do you think you are going to need exactly? what do you have to cut and drill?

steveng 08-08-2002 10:48 PM

i need to cut the stock basket or baffle as u call it and then i need to drill holes on the grills for tweeters so i can flush mount them on the dash. yeah no kidding 100 bucks.

b00gers 08-08-2002 11:15 PM

i cut my baffle with an exacto knife, took time, but free.

$100 still sounds steep. but since they are doing stuff like drilling holes, i guess its normal to charge that for special work.

i would still do it myself. Sears has a good return policy on tools. =P

steveng 08-08-2002 11:29 PM

he told me the price before i said what i was gonna do with the the tweets.:rolleyes: and strangly, the installation for my new amp and subs is just 65bucks

Cashis EG8 08-09-2002 05:32 AM

$100 is about right for a RETAIL price. We usually charge $65.99 for a standard component set installation and $50/hr for custom work so it's about right.

And $65 is standard for a subwoofer amp installation, although you can find cheaper.

igo4bmx 08-09-2002 05:33 AM

Originally posted by steveng
he told me the price before i said what i was gonna do with the the tweets.:rolleyes: and strangly, the installation for my new amp and subs is just 65bucks
well this was over the phone right? he prolly just set a high price so he doesn't screw himself over when u show up with a car with wires hanging everwhere :D

i say just do it yourself. don't you like to learn more abotu your car?

dlh1999 08-09-2002 06:38 AM

That's out of control. Like WiLL said, you can cut holes with an exacto knife if you take your time. I put a Diamond Audio component set in my pickup when I had it, and it only took MAYBE a couple hours...and that was after cutting, mounting, and all that good stuff. I say try to do it yourself.

b00gers 08-09-2002 07:00 AM

and at the end you can listen to your system knowing you put it together. thats good enough for some satisfaction.

steveng 08-09-2002 08:16 AM

how about drilling and soldering? what tool do i need for drilling the grills? I've learned how to solder while i was in high school, so that's not gonna be a problem as long as i have the tool. but drilling:confused: any ideas?